Job Title: 12 Screening Officers – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: Jinja, Masaka, Mbale, Busia and Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Surveillance Officer
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health is implementing the Crane Survey – Integrated bio-behavioural HIV-related surveillance for key and priority populations in Uganda (IBBS) project, designed to estimate the burden and monitor trends of HIV disease, sexually transmitted infections, and service uptake, including HIV treatment and STI treatment service, risk behaviours as well as population sizes (PSE) to support decision-making on successful service delivery models for key and select priority populations. . The project is to be implemented in 12 districts across Uganda (Kampala, Mbale, Tororo, Busia, Jinja, Masaka, Buvuma, Gulu, Lira, Arua, Fort portal and Mbarara). The Crane Survey desires to recruit dedicated personnel to join the team for this roll-out in the 12 districts across the country, starting October 2021. This recruitment aims to fill existing human resource gaps in the Central (Masaka) and Eastern region districts (Jinja, Mbale, Tororo, and Busia).
The Screening Officer will coordinate and supervise all activities of the Screening department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Surveillance Officer or designate
- Coordinate and supervise all activities of the Screening department
- Ensure that Screening officer’s offices have all required supplies in sufficient quantities.
- Screen potential participants and assess eligibility criteria by asking screening questions to ensure that a participant is a member of the study population
- Ensure proper registration of survey participants; request participant to have fingerprints scanned and assist him/her in capturing the right fingerprint image
- Screening Officers will clarify the survey, respond to questions, and obtain consent from participants
- May also conduct interviews (CAPI) with participants
- Ensure that participants are screened on a first come, first served basis
- Issues survey coupons, make appointments and keep logs
- Explain the RDS peer recruitment/referral process to participants
- Labels coupons with the correct RDS numbers (coupon and participants IDs)
- Ensures that the WinMARP database is working correctly
- Ensures that a participant has completed all the steps of the study (this is done easily by looking at the procedure process checklist
- Manage payments of primary and secondary incentives to participants
- Responsible for any other survey-related tasks as may be assigned
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work and social administration, education, or its equivalent
- Basic background on accounting and management of finance.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to speak Luganda, Lusoga, Gishu, Japhadola, Ateso and Samya fluently
- Must possess outstanding people skills
- Work experience in a research setting
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications with current CV, stating two referees and their contacts through the links below, to the Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health
Deadline: 14th September 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.