Job Title: 5 Administrative Assistants – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Reports to: Surveillance Officer
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health is implementing the Crane Survey – Integrated bio-behavioural HIV-related surveillance for key and priority populations in Uganda (IBBS) project, designed to estimate the burden and monitor trends of HIV disease, sexually transmitted infections, and service uptake, including HIV treatment and STI treatment service, risk behaviours as well as population sizes (PSE) to support decision-making on successful service delivery models for key and select priority populations. . The project is to be implemented in 12 districts across Uganda (Kampala, Mbale, Tororo, Busia, Jinja, Masaka, Buvuma, Gulu, Lira, Arua, Fort portal and Mbarara). The Crane Survey desires to recruit dedicated personnel to join the team for this roll-out in the 12 districts across the country, starting October 2021. This recruitment aims to fill existing human resource gaps in the Central (Masaka) and Eastern region districts (Jinja, Mbale, Tororo, and Busia).
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate and supervise all activities of the Screening department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Surveillance Officer
- Provides project administrative and secretarial support
- Supports upcountry IBBS sites
- Develops and maintains a filing system for the project records
- Handles communications – receiving, storing, retrieving, dispatching, organizing documents, and other correspondences
- Provides basic information to callers and visitors
- Performs reception procedures in accordance to established standard operating procedures
- Coordinates meetings, visits, and writes minutes
- Tracks expenditures and organizes payments, working closely with the CoAg financial management partners.
- Coordinates and manages all logistical needs of the project
- Carry out procurement related procedures
- Manages petty cash IMPREST
- Manages Crane Survey stock and assets inventory
- Supervise support staffs
- Responsible for any other duty as needed within his/her scope of work as determined by the Project Manager.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in management science, business administration, social work, and social administration
- Office and secretarial management skills and administration
- Excellent computer skills
- Outstanding People skills
- Ability to speak Luganda, Lusoga, Gishu, Japhadola, Ateso and Samya fluently
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications with current CV, stating two referees and their contacts through the links below, to the Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health.
Deadline: 14th September 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.