Job Title: 2 Social Workers – TPO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: TPO Uganda
Job Location: Mbarara and Isingiro
Position type: Full time, starting from 1st October, 2021
Project: USAID funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS) with Regional office in Mbarara
TPO Uganda Profile:
Since 1994, we have supported and partnered with civil society organizations and government to empower
communities with the skills and tools they need to effectively address their problems. When we are gone, our goal is to leave behind communities capable of resolving their own problems. Our vision of a great world… A society where communities enjoy mental health and socio-economic well being.
Under the Direct Supervision of the respective District Project Coordinator (DPC), the Social Worker will be responsible for coordinating and delivering comprehensive OVC services to the project beneficiaries. He/she will support Para-social workers and other community structures engaged by KCHS to implement innovative strategies to increase OVC access to quality care and support services including HIV prevention and care. He/she will be responsible for supporting bi-directional referrals and linkages for comprehensive service package to children and adolescent living with HIV/AIDS and their families. He/she will participate in the work plan development process and build the capacity of Para-social workers through orientation, needs based trainings and mentorship to ensure that project implementation is guided by SOPs, Guidelines, job aids and tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
Plan and implement comprehensive OVC quality interventions that address the holistic needs of targeted vulnerable children, youth and their caregivers.
- Conduct household enrolment targeting HIV infected and affected beneficiaries and ensure confidentiality of the information provided.
- Conduct home visits and monitor progress of interventions offered to beneficiary households as guided by the Prime partner
- Ensure that referrals are initiated and follow up done to facilitate access to services.
- Maintain a functional network of Linkage facilitators and other community stakeholders through holding periodic planning, review and feedback meetings with each in line with project objectives
- Keep abreast with all KCHS activities to ensure service layering and quality services are provided.
- Ensure all planned activities are implemented according to the work plan.
Strengthen the capacity of community support structures to identify and support target beneficiaries.
- Supervise, coach and mentor community volunteers (PSWs) through trainings, orientations and support supervision visits during beneficiary enrolment, assessment process and monthly/quarterly home visits to ensure that beneficiaries receive comprehensive and quality services.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits, monthly and quarterly meetings to review progress of planned activities and assess project impact.
- Support Para social workers to conduct targeted and planned home visits, initiate and follow up referrals, provide HIV prevention and care services and complete all the case management processes to enable households attain graduation.
- Orient and support PSWs to use project tools and ensure that all findings are well documented.
- Identify and involve PLHIV networks, associations and support groups to promote and facilitate identification of C/ALHIV, through assisted referrals and linkages.
- Collaborate with CBSD and police to identify and respond to cases of abuse.
- Support community structures to conduct sensitization and facilitate education sessions on HIV/AIDS, GBV, Child protection and nutrition.
Manage and oversee the administrative functions of duty station including documentation.
- Properly manage cases identified and ensure proper records are kept and client files regularly updated.
- Ensure that all registers are regularly updated and well stored.
- Ensure that all project equipment under his/her care is kept in good working condition.
- Prepare activity, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports conforming to donor and organization reporting guidelines.
- Provide regular updates on progress of project implementation.
Establish and strengthen collaboration with clinical partners, health facilities, sub-county leadership and other service providers.
- Map out different service providers and government structures at sub-county level and form a referral network.
- Network and share relevant information with other partners and government structures in consultation with the DPC and IP project manager.
- Work with the CDO and Probation Officers to organize and conduct Integrated Case Conferencing at Sub-county level and referral reflection meetings at district level.
- Work closely with the Health Workers to conduct beneficiary index testing, outreaches and home-based testing to identify new HIV positive clients and ensure that they are linked to care.
- Compile and share quarterly reports with CDOs.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely reports.
- Meet specified targets with expected outcomes.
- Organized office filing system evidenced by the ability to easily access all the information regarding the project.
- Disseminating information regarding project interventions in a positive way with the relevant stakeholders.
- Minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies or related field, from a recognized institution.
- Additional Qualification in Child Protection and HIV Counseling is an added advantage
- 2 years relevant work experience of managing NGOs, community-based children and adolescent health projects specifically HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, and child protection.
- Experience in life skills, economic strengthening programs for youth and families infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and Violence against Children and working within the decentralized system of government are added advantages.
How To Apply for TPO Uganda Jobs 2021
Please, send your CV (maximum 2 pages) plus your cover letter (Maximum 1 page) indicating three references contacts (email and phone) and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to The Human Resources Officer, TPO Uganda by email firstname.lastname@example.org Hard copies shall not be accepted.
Deadline: 15th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.