Job Title: Program Logistics Assistant – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Base Logistician
Action Against Hunger Profile
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
The Program Logistics Assistant will oversee the provision of transport & fleet management, support procurement activities, manages stock and inventory, support equipment and asset management. The post requires an individual with solid expert knowledge and experience in implementing logistical operations and generating all the required reports needed as per the position within their deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow the loading and delivery of Items in the trucks and report any problems to the Base Log, supplier, and share information with the base Logs.
- In Collaboration with the lag base, prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed
- In collaboration with the base Logs and program managers, plans and organizes transport for goods to destinations: packing, weighing, labeling, preparation of packing list, organizes loading/offloading, prepares transport documents (waybill), notifies destination, and confirms arrival
- Draft vehicle plans and allocation and make them validated by the RPC in order to optimally serve the needs of programmes
- To monitor the goods deliveries to the departments/bases/programs by various modes of transport, if any problem, report to the base Log.
- Assist the drivers and mechanics with the following duties:
- Manage the use of vehicles and communication equipment on board
- Monitor fuel consumption of Action Against Hunger vehicles and report any discrepancies immediately
- Ensure Action Against Hunger safety regulations are adhered to by both drivers and passengers at all times
- Ensure that all Action Against Hunger vehicles are fully kitted out with first aid box, tool box, fire extinguisher, valid vehicle documents and insurance, vehicle folder, rescue kits, jack, spare tires etc.
- In collaboration with the base Log, archive all the closed purchase dossier (Hard Copies)
- Collect the orders/quotations from the base suppliers in collaboration with the Log base.
- Manage all petty cash procurement with approval from the Base Log.
- Manage the payment of all utility bills on time as the needs arises
- With directive and guidance from Base Log, manage the direct procurements of low values according to the right procedures.
- Follow the loading and delivery of Items procures in the trucks and report any problems to the Base Log, supplier, and share information with the base Logs.
Stock and Stores
- Ensure stock management systems are update (storage conditions, stock cards, reports, expiry date.
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented in all the FSL, WASH and NUT programs
- Take complete responsibility for the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received and stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure that PMs/DPMs, or assistant are from time to time checking the Items in the stores on their quality, expire date etc.
- On a monthly basis, ensure physical inventory (Log/Admin materials, and program) for program materiel inventory have to be donetogether with the programs, report any problems in the monthly report, and directly to the PM/DPM and Log Base by a narrative the report.
- Ensure real time Update of the stock card/Bin cards.
- Ensure the cleanness of the store: at least the store have to be clean once a week.
- Ensure that the Material is stored by Programs, families, donors.
- All materiel have to be well identified (names and reference clearly visible by anyone)
- Ensure the well storage for sensitive Items (as Food, fuel, water purification) etc. Need to follow up ACF standard procedure from kit logistic.
- Follow up the management of office stationary/supplies by Stores Assistant or by yourself.
Fleet Management (Vehicle, Motorcycle, Generator) In Collaboration with the Base Log
- Support and organize weekly vehicles movement planning and staff movement.
- Ensure the link between drivers/riders and Log base and programs
- In collaboration with drivers/riders ensure that the log book is updated on daily basis
- Follow up day to day use of generator, (work time hour, fuel, checkup)
- Ensure that the generator is not running on one time more than 4 hours, on total of 8 hours a day.
- Ensure that the generator maintenance is planned.
- Provide information at all staff about working hour of generator.
Equipment/Assets Management in Collaboration with the Base Log
- Support and monitor use of ACF equipment and Assets by staffs with collaboration of Base Log
- Support and monitor the movement of all ACF equipment and Assets with collaboration of Base Log
- Control the Inventory list at base level with collaboration of Base Log
- Monthly update of Fuel allocation.
- Monthly SFU (stocks follow up) reports
- Monthly Fleet Consumption reports
- Monthly Generator Consumption reports
- Monthly Inventory list reports
- Ensure receive all way bills from Drivers leading to generation monthly IKD reports by Base Log
Miscellaneous /Any Other Duties Assigned
- Liaise closely with the Base Log Adjumani, on technical initiatives around internal logistics practices
- In collaboration with the Base Logistician, organise field visit to support program team in his location duty.
- Might be involved in supervising any rehabilitation in the base
- In the absence of the Base Log, take responsibility of management the logistics operations
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or Degree from a recognized Institution in Procurement and Logistics management, Purchasing, stock management, transport and fleet management, or business administration.
- Experience of working in humanitarian relief/development sector in the field, in a logistics or other related program support role.
- Strong communications skills, with excellent verbal and written English. Fluent in local dialects is a requirement.
- Professional Experience of at least one (1) year in Logistics Issues in the field.
- Good working knowledge of Computer, particularly Word and Excel Computer skills.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and to carry out field visits at short notice if required.
- Good knowledge of Computers
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the work
- Previous experience working with NGO or UN agencies
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.