Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Assistant – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Gross Salary: UGX 1,827,609
Reports to: Operations Manager-West Nile
Humanity & Inclusion Profile
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI Uganda’s portfolio includes a range of projects focused on supporting persons with disabilities and vulnerable populations including physical rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support, Inclusive Livelihoods, Inclusive Health, Inclusive Education, COVID-19 Response, as well as a unique and award winning 3D print of orthosis project in West Nile.
The Human Resources & Admin Assistant will ensure the smooth implementation of Human Resources Management and Administration for the Arua Field Office. To ensure that the field office is applying the administrative framework and specific rules defined by the head office. Human Resources Assistant must keep highly confidential all data and documents regarding this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and on boarding
- Participating in recruitment efforts at field level.
- Assist in posting local job adverts and organizing or shortlisting job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process.
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
- Preparing new employee files.
- Arrange for orientation/on boarding of new employees to the organization in coordination with respective departments at Field level.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Assist in processing the Incentive Workers payroll by the 25th of every month, which involves reviewing attendance sheets, NSSF and URA TIN Numbers have been provided. Submission to HR Officer for review.
- In liaison with the Line Managers, prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the HR Officer for payroll processing in a timely manner
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Follow up with Staff enrolment on Medical and GPA with the HR department Kampala and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Facilitate the completion of compensation and benefit documentation such as banking details, NSSF forms, Medical Forms, Provident fund enrolment etc.
- Assist in the follow up on appraisal documents such as: end of probation forms, objective setting and end of year appraisal forms.
- Ensure midyear reviews are conducted and annual appraisals
- Follow up on end of probation dates and initiate reminders to line managers to conduct probation evaluations.
- Supervise and manage the Cleaners – set objectives, review and assess their performance
Administration and Records Management
- Support with staff leave administration and timesheet management at field level.
- Assisting in the implementation of HI polices not limited to Terms and conditions for National Staff, Code of Conduct and PSEA policy.
- Support the HR Officer with staff contract management by monitoring employee contract’s expiry dates and renewals at field level.
- Initiate needs assessment for the field, identify training needs from the appraisal process and update training plan in coordination with the HR department in Kampala
- Assistant in planning and organising Training sessions at the Field Level
- Maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Provide the relevant documents during Audit at Field level
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Assist in the finalisation of the exit process by supporting staff complete the paper work such as; Exit Interviews, end of contract discharge forms.
- Act as field focal point for health insurance – ensure all staff eligible are registered on the plan, share any updates from the provider, liaise with the Country HR and organise for health talks.
- Ensure the presentation, dissemination, classification and archiving of administrative and Human Resources documents.
- Recommend to the Country HRM avenues to improve staff welfare in Arua
Code of Conduct:
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the Human Resources and Administration Assistant job placement should hold a University degree in either Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business administration with a bias in HR Management or any other related course.
- At least two years of generalist experience in similar position
- Knowledge of recruitment, on boarding and staff development
- Demonstrated skills in administration and human resources
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Good analytic skills and ability to settle disputes.
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to changing requirements; must be able to work independently while being a strong team player;
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills
Starting Date: 1st October 2021
Length of contract: 12 months’ renewable contract
Gross Salary: UGX 1,827,609
- Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
- HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application for HR and Admin Assistant”
- Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Due to the volumes of applications received, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 12th September 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.