Job Title: 10 Nurse Counselor – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: Jinja, Masaka, Mbale, Busia and Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Surveillance Officer
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health is implementing the Crane Survey – Integrated bio-behavioural HIV-related surveillance for key and priority populations in Uganda (IBBS) project, designed to estimate the burden and monitor trends of HIV disease, sexually transmitted infections, and service uptake, including HIV treatment and STI treatment service, risk behaviours as well as population sizes (PSE) to support decision-making on successful service delivery models for key and select priority populations. . The project is to be implemented in 12 districts across Uganda (Kampala, Mbale, Tororo, Busia, Jinja, Masaka, Buvuma, Gulu, Lira, Arua, Fort portal and Mbarara). The Crane Survey desires to recruit dedicated personnel to join the team for this roll-out in the 12 districts across the country, starting October 2021. This recruitment aims to fill existing human resource gaps in the Central (Masaka) and Eastern region districts (Jinja, Mbale, Tororo, and Busia).
The Nurse Counsellor will coordinate and supervise activities of the nurse counselling department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Surveillance Officer
- Coordinate and supervise activities of the nurse counselling department.
- Ensure that nurse counsellors’ rooms have all required supplies in sufficient quantities.
- Obtaining informed consent
- Conducting quantitative structured interviews using Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI)
- Conducting qualitative semi-structured interviews in collaboration with Behavioural Scientists and other investigators
- Providing routine HIV and STI counselling and provision of results
- Provide treatment of STI in accordance to accepted policy
- Collects biological specimens as dictated by the protocol
- Assists in the practical aspects of the survey conduct including clinic flow and patient assistance
- Participates in the management of filing system of participant records and results
- The Nurse Counsellor shall be responsible for any other duty as may be assigned by the Project manager and/or Principal Investigator.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Nursing Science or diploma, Registered or Comprehensive nurse
- Certificate in HIV counselling from recognized institute
- At least one year of working experience
- Excellent in drawing and processing of blood samples
- Computer literate
- Administrative and good organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and team player
- Ability to speak Luganda, Lusoga, Gishu, Japhadola, Ateso and Samya fluently
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications with current CV, stating two referees and their contacts through the links below, to the Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health
Deadline: 14th September 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.