Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager – WoMena Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: WoMena Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Coordinator
Remuneration: USD 800 – 1,050 gross salary per contract, other allowances and benefits (e.g. medical insurance)
WoMena Uganda Profile:
WoMena promotes the use of evidence-based, effective reproductive health technologies and solutions such as menstrual cups through research, advocacy and project implementation in Uganda. We are a Ugandan non-governmental organization in Kampala, Uganda with a Danish sister organisation. Our team consists of 60+ men and women from 15+ nationalities based all over the world.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will lead the M&E pillar of WoMena Uganda, including but not limited to implementation of program activities. The M&E Manager will be responsible for designing routine monitoring forms, overseeing data collection, compiling and aggregating data, maintaining databases, generating descriptive statistics, and providing support to surveys and evaluation as well as learning and accountability system for WoMena Uganda’s engagements and impact. The M&E Manager will also provide technical lead on monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for program interventions. In addition, the job holder ensures that quality benchmarks are used during implementation of program activities and puts in place a tailor made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and makes sure that lessons learned feed into continuous program improvement processes.
The major focus of the job holder will be to have an oversight in programming and quality assurance of reports and other documentation in line with WoMena’s M&E framework.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project planning and Management M&E (60%): Reporting to Technical Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Provide technical support to strengthen, standardize, improve, manage & disseminate WoMena’s programmatic M&E systems/data collection tools
- Establish a robust M&E systems and performance monitoring plan for all WoMena projects to track indicators in line with WoMena program/Implementation plans
- Ensure M&E tools are utilised consistently & correctly across project and that key indicators are captured
- Collaborate with PMs to ensure the completion of baseline, midline, and endline data collection
- Together with project managers, input M&E analysis into project reports, such as quarterly reports, annual report, and donor-specific reports, and other relevant WoMena powerpoints and stakeholder presentations
- Support project and programme staff to properly document, organise and capture project/programme progress using the M&E relevant tools, including the M&E Dashboard and monthly project reporting
- Review, develop/redesign and standardise WoMena M&E tools and develop a WoMena M&E Data Collection Toolkit & Guide in collaboration with team members
- Identify organisational M&E training needs and provide training and technical guidance to team in consultation with management and programs
- Provide support to PMs to ensure smooth, timely reporting and communication to donors and stakeholders with queries on data and evidences of project activities;
- Participate in the training project/field officers in monitoring of activities based on indicators and targets set out in the Project Documents
Data Management and Reporting (30%)
- Ensure consistent & timely entry of programmatic data into Kobo Toolbox and manage the organizational database
- Analyze data across projects and flag issues and best practices to management
- Perform quarterly data quality assessment to ensure validity, integrity, reliability and timeline of all performance data and assist the project team to maintain both electronic and hard copy files for future use
- Support the management of M&E and program documentation on the organisation’s online archives, ensuring accuracy, coherence and completeness of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned
- Communicate frequently with remote M&E team for support and collaboration.
- Provide M&E inputs into the Annual Report, bi-monthly reports to Board and any relevant reporting requirements for organisational M&E.
- Work with both WoMena Fundraising & Communications to develop content for external and fundraising purposes (e.g. success stories, compelling outcome indicators)
- Other job-related duties as assigned (10%)
- Support in the development of concept notes, budgets and work plans for new projects and partnerships, fundraising and grant proposals
- Attend management meetings and provide feedbacks and updates
- Other tasks as agreed with Management Team
- M&E work plan
- Organisational capacity development plan and budget
- Standardization of M&E tools and WoMena M&E Data Collection Toolkit
- Tailored training and M&E tools for particular projects
- End of the year reporting on key output and outcome indicators to the board and for inclusion into the Annual report
- M&E inputs and descriptive analysis for all project reports, including analysis of baseline, midline and endline data
- Bi-monthly performance report to Board
- Any other outputs specified in project plans
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences, statistics, development studies, public health, etc.
- Experience: Qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, report writing, and project cycle in both development and humanitarian context.
- Demonstrates understanding of M&E principles and techniques, data collection and analysis to ensure quality
- Strong analytical and report writing skills required
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, and preferably qualitative and quantitative data analysis software (SPSS, STATA, NVivo, etc.) Experience with monitoring and evaluation techniques to assess the quality and effectiveness of program strategies for program learning
- Experience in working with diverse teams and having worked in a multi-cultural environments
- Showing high level of team spirit, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
- Independent worker capable of completing tasks without strict follow-up or supervision
- Fluency in English required
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience within interesting development settings
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- Practical experience in and exposure to Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights programming
- Experience in collaborating with local and international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- International network
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
Starting Date: As soon as possible
How To Apply for WoMena Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered, and due to high volumes of applicants, WoMena will only reach out to short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Deadline: 22nd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.