Job Title: Project Coordinator (Lego ECD Covid-19 Project) – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Advisor (Education)
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
The Project Coordinator – Lego ECD Covid 19 Project will provide technical leadership, management and oversight in the implementation of an 18 Months- Let’s Keep Playing Project funded by the LEGO Foundation. The project will cover 5 districts in Uganda (Nebbi, Lira, Alebtong, Kamuli, and Buyende). The project is aimed at supporting Early Childhood service providers especially Caregivers and parents promote playful experiences for children aged 3-6 years that are joyful, meaningful, socially interactive, actively engaging, and interactive to support their needs while at home due to Covid 19 pandemic. The project goal is to see every child inspired by playful learning, in every setting, every day in the home and in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities of Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for all project activities in the project locations.
- Support project teams build good working relationship with parents, Care givers and district local government stakeholders and other partners for effective delivery of quality Early Childhood Development services using learning through play strategies in target ECD Centres and communities.
- Coordinate technical inputs for preparation of narrative and Financial report in line with donor reporting requirements
- Support with technical documentation of evidence from the project and produce stories of change when required.
- Participate and provide valuable input into the technical working groups and network meetings in the assigned program location.
- Effectively Program Area ECD project teams and other partners implementing similar programs in the project locations
- Represents Plan International Uganda at the district level to champion advocacy for the project.
- Manages project staff in the project locations according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
- Complete performance appraisal for staff assigned to him or her as well as staff mentoring/coaching in line with Plan International Uganda’s Performance Management System
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education field such as Early Childhood Development/Primary Education/ Secondary, Child Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience working with International Non-Governmental Organisations.
- At least three years of progressively professional work experience in design, implementation and monitoring of Education programmes. Familiarity with Learning through Play strategies is an asset.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills. Able to work in a matrix environment and keep track of multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing and budget management.
- Ability to Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learned to promote knowledge management and sustainability.
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
- Promotes high performance among project staff and provides vision and direction.
- Establishes effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web-based research.
- Experience of gender mainstreaming, gender equality and inclusion in development programming
- Experience working with Education or Child protection programmes in a humanitarian context.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.