Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Action Against Hunger Profile
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
The Supply chain Officer is responsible for managing supply chain processes for both field and capital office under the direct supervision of the Supply chain Manager. He/she will be engaged in the day-to-day supply chain process and report directly to the supply chain Manager periodically.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Purchase items needed by the programs in line with ACF and donor procurement procedures/rules accordingly, follow up the delivery until the final destination
- Carryout procurement activities with respect to ACF procurement procedures, thresholds, standards and best value for money using ACF supply chain software (LINK).
- In collaboration with the supply chain Manager ensure the update of the catalogue (price list, supplier) on quarterly basis through regular quotations or call for interests.
- Collect orders from the capital and bases, and update the Procurement follow-up (PFU)
- Ensure quality/ faire prices/ correct ACF procedures are respected during transactions.
- Work closely with mechanical driver for the vehicle/motorcycle etc. Spare part procurement.
- Follow the loading and delivery of Items in the trucks and report any problems to the Supply chain Manager, supplier, and share information with the base logs.
- During the loading, ensure that all materiel or equipment is well packed and secured.
- Ensure that all document are submitted at the bases with the delivery: copy of PO, copy of invoice, a delivery note, technical doc if there, copy of ID card (if equipment delivered is part of asset equipment list)
Maintain logistic databases and communication tools:
- Maintain the procurement files with all documentation and reference numbers as required by ACF standards and donor files (Supplier Purchase orders, contracts, Regional /Headquarter Order, Price list and catalogue) and update the Contract Follow Up.
- Support the logistic team as required and do other assignments as directed by the logistics Supply chain Manager (to be in responsibility 7: Miscellaneous)
Monthly Payment of suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers and finance department to ensure timely payment of suppliers on a weekly basis and report in the logs weekly meeting on the progress.
- Track the outstanding payments to suppliers and notify the admin department on a weekly basis. This may require providing feedback to suppliers on their payment status.
- Procurement weekly update of PFU
- In collaboration with the Supply chain, Manager and programs team work on monthly update Supply plan.
- In collaboration with Supply chain Manager , work on PPP and Supplier plan during the proposal
- Carry out any other duties as required by the supervisor
- Fill the gap (be the backup) of any logistic team member in the capital.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. Race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a first degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Transport Management, Business Administration or any other equivalent area from a recognized university or institution.
- CIPS will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant experience from a reputable NGO or institution, previous experience in humanitarian organization will be an added advantage.
- Two-year relevant experience.
- Relevant Knowledge and good understanding of the Link logistics software.
- Excellent knowledge on both software (word processor, spreadsheet, Linux servers, Windows and hardware (network cards, memory upgrades)
- Knowledge in programming and procurement skill
- Fluent English; Good understanding of the local Language at the Capital office.
- Good management, communication, teamwork spirit, capacity building and report writing;
- Ability to work independently when necessary, set realistic goals, and work within agreed timelines.
- Ability to communicate and perform within an international and multicultural team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to support, motivate, and train staff.
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.