Job Title: M&E Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees and various institutions in the country, notably the government, community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CBOs) and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health and nutrition, support to persons with specific needs (PSNs) including case management, legal assistance to refugees, prevention and response to gender-based violence, Education and economic recovery and development (ERD). The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto/ Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office in Nsambya within Kampala.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Bidibidi, Yumbe district. The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staffs in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting WPE department under the BPRM grant. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff in M&E.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Participate in quality of intervention monitoring together with stake holders while ensuring availability of data for assessing program quality.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- A bachelor`s degree in Statistics, demography, Economics, M&E, or related field.
- An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics will be of an added advantage Post-graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
- Previous work with an NGO in humanitarian environment.
Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to adapt to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook)
- Familiar with digital data collection and analysis packages (KOBO Toolbox, ODK Collect, MS Excel, SPSS, Commcare)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.