Job Title: 5 Project Officers – THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
The project Officer under the guidance of the Project Coordinator develops the Project plan with the team. He/ She will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and supervision of the project, ensures professional standards of work are maintained and projects are completed on time and budget.
Based in one of the Project Districts in West Nile (Koboko, Yumbe, Maracha, Arua, Nebbi, Packwach, Madi-Okollo, Terego), the Project Officer’s role is to plan, supervise, and implement the project activities as designed in the implementation framework. The Officer also pursues partnership development in line with Donor contract obligations, THETA Uganda policies and program objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Appreciate, understand and conceptualize the project, donor requirements and implementation plan to be able to guide grassroots partners
- Prepare, plan and implement activities across the districts following THETA Uganda, donor and contract obligations
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual work plan, budget work-plans, reports and fast-tracking tool of all projects.
- Implement advocacy, PR and partnerships development activities for effective achievement of program objectives.
- Build capacity (Training, Mentoring and coaching) of Village Health Teams (VHTs) and implementing partners to execute the planned project activities
- Implement risk management and compliance activities to mitigate operational and financial risks.
- Document and share best practices as agreed upon with Donor, implementing partners and THETA Uganda.
- Ensure Quality assurance and Knowledge management of all activities in accordance to Global fund guidelines and THETA Uganda policies.
- Distribute, track and reconcile commodities and IEC materials in the district in line with the supply chain management procedures.
- Account for all project activities undertaken according to the donor contract donor obligation and THETA Uganda policies.
- Any other duties assigned.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree Development Studies, Community Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Administration and related competences.
- Training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- At least four years of experience working with rural communities and local partners including local government.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and networking skills.
- Knowledge of the Health service standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs. Strong understanding of health services, preferably in the public health sector and NGOs in Uganda.
- Good report writing, and presentation skills coupled with good knowledge of Ms Office programs including Word, Excel and power point.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Knowledge of local dialects is required and driving and riding skills a must.
- Familiarity with the local social, development and political environment and set-up is key for this position
How To Apply for THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
- All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
- All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.
Deadline: Friday, 17th September 2021 by 4:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.