Job Title: Regional Systems Admin (Uganda and Rwanda) – Java House Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Java House Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Java House Uganda Profile:
Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept.
Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To manage the implementation of new application software deployment within the organization.
- Custodian of Operating systems within the group.
- Maintain Deploy and Configure Corporate Anti-Virus protection on servers and desktops as well as e-mail gateways.
- Work with other team members across the organization to provide solutions and insights into improving the Systems / applications environment within Java.
- Recommend policies to secure and protect the company computer system against threats like virus, Spyware and other intrusions.
- Administer all security technologies and functions that include (but not limited to); Antiviruses, Spam ware, System Access control, intrusion detection systems, authentication processes, content filtering systems, application interface security, incident response.
- Provide regular reports on various key aspects of all assigned systems and software responsibilities.
- Evaluate access controls and roles of system users in respect to Application programs and database access.
- Minimize and mitigate risks introduced by existing and new technologies, products and services;
- Administering operations of all Systems, Operating systems, computer programs and databases according to company policies and procedures.
- Supporting, Configuration, Monitoring, Administration of Operating systems, Databases, Backups and antivirus systems.
- Enforce best practice on system use/ Investigating and mitigating any system use breaches.
- Ensure availability and reliability of user applications and databases within branches.
- Supporting, Monitoring and Administration of Operating systems, databases and antiviruses.
- Ensure availability and reliability of the Hardware, Network, servers, printers, branch infrastructure, applications and connectivity within branches
- To manage the implementation and installation of new outlets with MICROS.
- Evaluate access controls and roles of system users in respect to EPOS programs and MICROS database access.
- Support operations of all EPOS Systems, Electronic menu management, promotions, discounts and offers according to company policies and procedures.
- Provide regular reports on various key aspects of EPOS application, network & system, responsibilities.
- Supporting, Monitoring and Administration EPOS systems, systems rollouts, databases and other EPOS related activities.
- Corrective and preventive maintenance on workstations and other IT equipment.
- Administer and coordinate system upgrades, modifications, and customizations with outside vendors, end-users, and IT resources.
- Ensure that all calls/incidents are Logged into Helpdesk system & addressed within agreed on SLA response time.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head of department.
- Two to three years of related work experience
How To Apply for Java House Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.