Job Title: Compliance Officer – Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Profile
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Compliance Officer will review and evaluate compliance issues within the Authority by ensuring management and employees comply with the Laws and regulations and that Authority policies and procedures are followed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop, initiate, maintain, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- To periodically review and recommend update to standards of conduct to ensure relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to make recommendation to
- improve its effectiveness and review the compliance with the established laws and regulations which relate to the Authority.
- To review the Authority policies and establish if they are adequate.
- To review compliance with established laws and regulations by the Authority;
- To conduct follow up on implementation of audit recommendation and report on management of compliance and response to regulatory and Audit reviews.
- Reviewing procedures and reports periodically to identify hidden risks and cases of non-conformity.
- Review vender contract management for compliance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Compliance Officer job placement must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in Law or Petroleum Geoscience or Petroleum Engineering obtained from an internationally recognized University.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or ACCA and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- At least three years of experience in a relevant field in a similar corporate setting.
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of; Monitoring and compliance, Audit planning and implementation, Quality assurance, Investigation, and Financial Management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 4th October 2021 by 11:59 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.