Job Title: Administrative Assistant – FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Job Location: Moroto, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Moroto Sub-office
The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uganda, the direct supervision of the Head of Moroto Sub-office and the Assistant FAO Representative Administration (2nd level supervisor), the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the programme implementation team and daily operations in the FAO field office in Moroto.
The Administrative Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of office support, management support and administrative tasks, providing for the smooth and efficient running of the Office. He/ she ensures quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information in the work unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as focal point to all administrative requests linked, but not limited, to Moroto Sub-office programme implementation, including:
a) Fleet management (e.g. vehicle servicing, etc.);
b) Travel of FAO and non-FAO staff, in coordination with programme/project managers;
c) Planning of meetings, seminars, workshops and other events at the sub-office/region;
d) Petty cash and other financial disbursements, in coordination with the FAO Uganda Finance Unit;
2. Ensure all office equipment at the Moroto sub-office (e.g. generator, furniture, etc.) is maintained and in good working condition and inform the Logistics Assistant of any issue/problem that requires intervention;
3. Coordinate and indirectly supervise cleaning staff, in consultation with the head of the Moroto sub-office.
4. Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents at the Moroto sub-office
5. Manage supply stores in the Moroto sub-office by:
a) Ensuring adequate supplies are ordered on a timely basis;
b) Detailed record of all supplies are kept;
c) Issue and manage property transfer forms when supplies and equipment are handed over to staff;
6. In coordination with the Logistics Assistant:
a) Manage and monitor sub-office project inputs, assets and office supplies according to the FAO asset policy.
b) Handle receipt, verification, storage, distribution/disposal and/or replenishment of project inputs, assets and office supplies,
c) Keep a detailed record accordingly (including maintaining copies of relevant documentation – e.g. property transfers forms);
d) Assist the Logistics Assistant with physical fixed asset verifications, including assessment of condition and replacement schedules, whenever required;
Minimum Qualifications for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Business Studies, Procurement, Human Resource, Accounting/Finance or a related field
- 3 years of relevant experience in Finance, Human Resource, Operations, Administration, Accounting and or project management
- Working knowledge of English is obligatory.
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions
- Extent and relevance of experience in the project/programme administrative management, office management, finance, logistics, including supervisory experience
- Extent of knowledge of accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
How To Apply for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.