Job Title: M&E Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Impevi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Imvepi, Terego district. The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting WPE department under the BPRM grant. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Participate in quality of intervention monitoring together with stake holders while ensuring availability of data for assessing program quality.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- A bachelor`s degree in Statistics, demography, Economics, M&E, or related field.
- Post-graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
- Previous work with an NGO in humanitarian environment.
Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to adapt to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook)
- Familiar with digital data collection and analysis packages (KOBO Toolbox, ODK Collect, MS Excel, SPSS, Commcare)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.