Job Title: Research Assistant – Pollicy Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Research Manager
Pollicy believes in the power of data to revolutionize how governments deliver services to their citizens. We aim to digitally transform government services across Africa through an information-centric approach and craft better life experiences by harnessing improved data.
Pollicy is looking for a Research Assistant to support our different research initiatives in close collaboration with our Research Manager. This position involves supporting on the planning, managing, implementation, developing research methodology, liaising with IRB offices, coordinating research activities and enumerators and monitoring of the project(s), drafting reports, external representation etc in order to achieve the project targets as effectively and efficiently as possible ensuring consistency with project work plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on thematic areas related to digital inclusion, digital resilience and digital rights, including literature reviews, interviews and focus group discussions,
- Support in field research, including the development of research protocol, meeting IRB requirements, developing survey instruments, as well as training and managing enumerators,
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data as appropriate to the specific objectives of the project,
- Support in data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the Research Manager, Researchers and Executive Director, including utilizing platforms such as STATA, Atlas T.I., ensuring quality control and appropriate data management.
Communication and Events
- Support the Communication Team to draft briefings, publications and online content aimed at diverse audiences related to the research studies for platforms such as social media, traditional media, webinars, journals etc.,
- Be prepared to share research findings at convenings, both in-person and in online spaces
- Conduct training on key data skills such as research methodologies, mobile data collection, data analysis, data visualizations etc.,
- Support partners on key data skills as and when required,
- Support in developing curriculum and fostering partnerships with partner organizations to build up the data science ecosystem in Uganda and across our focal countries.
We are looking for early to mid-career professionals interested in working with a dynamic team. The position is only open to Ugandans.
You must have:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience in a relevant position
- Fluent in English
Candidates must also have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to frequent and timely communication
- Strong and creative problem solving skills with the ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on several different project needs at the same time
- Ability to work under minimum supervision. Interest and experience working in civic technology and a commitment to working with government and civil society on solving public service challenges
- Experience using technology within prior work
How To Apply for Pollicy Uganda Jobs 2021
Prior research experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies is a MUST. Due to the urgency of hiring for this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the indicated closing date if sufficient applications are received.
Deadline: 22 September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.