Job Title: Driver – FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Job Location: Kampala
The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Ensures day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, engine, water, battery, tires, and performs minor repairs, reports and arranges for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times in a timely manner; maintains the vehicle(s) in a clean condition;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive the FAO Personnel and their official visitors on official trips, and drive the FAO Representative and his/ her visitors on occasions as necessary
- Meet personnel and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, transportation/vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions;
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly;
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the FAO Personnel; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required;
- Assists in the clearance of office imports and other immigration procedures for international personnel;
- Ensures that the firefighting procedures in place are operational and acts as the fire focal point person;
- Ensure that motor vehicle 3rd party insurance is up-to-date all the time and make monthly reports to the immediate supervisor
- Undertakes diagnoses and routine maintenance and repair of vehicles as necessary and or as per the manufacturer’s schedule;
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
- Completed secondary Education certificate
- Minimum three years of relevant experience as a Driver.
- Experience in working with an NGO, UN or International organization is an advantage.
- Having a flawless, safe driving record (based on Supervisor/HR’s recommendation) is an asset
- Ugandan National.
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, desirably in field locations
- Completion of secondary education
- Valid Driving permit (B, CM, DL & DM)
- Certificate in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
- Mechanical Knowledge is required
- First Aid skills are required
- Knowledge on safe road use is needed
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency
How To Apply for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 3rd October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.