Job Title: Case Management Officer – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Grants and Business Development Manager
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda is an indigenous Christian NGO that offers General and HIV/AIDS medical services also providing technical support for Ministry of Health Systems to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services.
The position holder will be responsible for early identification, referral and follow-up of all children with birth defects or disability to improve the quality of life of children with disability and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes clients’ care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; monitoring staff performance.
- Admits new clients by reviewing records and applications; conducting orientations.
- Determines clients’ requirements by completing intake interviews; determining need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying clients’ attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains clients’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
- Communicates clients’ progress by conducting weekly interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Prepares clients’ discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans; coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements; orienting and training family members; providing resources.
- Improves staff competence by providing educational resources; balancing work requirements with learning opportunities; evaluating the application of learning to changes in treatment results.
- Improves treatment results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; rewriting policies and procedures.
- Meets budget by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing treatment and results data and trends; compiling statistics; completing grant and subsidy applications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- A Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery and must be registered with the relevant professional body/council with a valid practicing license.
- Training in Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR/CBID) or community Health or Social work is an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in general Nursing Care or Midwifery in a busy health facility;
- Experience working with Children with Disability (CWDs); Working knowledge of English and local language(s) and must be computer literate.
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 22nd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.