Job Title: Reservoir Engineer – Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Profile
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development, and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation, and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practices for the petroleum industry.
The Reservoir Engineer will follow up and participate in the daily monitoring and regulation of the oil and gas industry aspects of Reservoir Engineering. He/she will be involved in development, production planning and operations by production licensees; and reviewing and analysing proposals, data, samples and other submissions made by the licensees to ensure compliance with the relevant laws, regulations and the Production Sharing Agreements. He/she will report to the Senior Reservoir Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in field and other operations undertaken by regulated entities, including the acquisition of engineering data.
- Collaborate with geoscientists to design and / or review development activities through reservoir characterization modelling and simulation.
- Participate in the monitoring and analysis of all surveillance programs for reservoir performance and development of an efficient reservoir management strategy.
- Receive, validate and analyze engineering data including test and production data and recommend improvements to enhance reservoir performance.
- Follow up with new technologies and integrate innovative technology for enhancement of reservoir performance.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with field operational sections teams.
- Review submissions made by regulated entities for operations and other technical meetings to identify salient issues and advise management.
- Review licensee work programs and budgets related to the development and production of petroleum reservoirs, to support their timely approval.
- Review Field Development Plans, Petroleum Reservoir Reports and any other technical proposals concerning reservoir engineering and advice management for regulatory decision making.
- Review submissions of petroleum resources by Licensees and undertake independent evaluation of resources and maintain an efficient reserves system
- Review submissions regarding tail end production and cessation of petroleum activities.
- Review reserves audits, applications for annual production permits and prepare required documents and technical presentations to facilitate regulatory decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Reservoir Engineer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in Engineering, or Physical sciences from an internationally recognized University/ Institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in reservoir characterization and Production Operations.
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized Institution is desired
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How To Apply for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 4th October 2021 by 11:59 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.