Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer – Soroti Fruits Limited Jobs 2021
Organization: Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE)
Soroti Fruits Limited (SOFTE) is a fruit processing plant which adds value to locally available Mangoes, Oranges, Lemons and is a subsidiary of Uganda Development Corporaton (UDC). The company produces Ready to Drink Fruit Juices, and is the leading producer of Mango Pulp and Orange Concentrates from Ugandan grown fruits.
The Procurement & Logistics Officer will effectively execute procurement of goods, works and services in line with the factory’s material and supplies’ needs and in line with the; PPDA PPDA Accreditation and Company Policies/Guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the management, administration, and supervision of the factory’s purchasing programs.
- Ensure consistent implementation and continuous improvement of the factory’s procurement policies.
- Analyze procurement requirements and select the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices and experience.
- Plan, organize and lead the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing Request For Quotations (RFQs) and developing bid evaluation criteria to enable the factory get the best value,
- Work with user departments to ensure that the quantity and specification of goods and services to be procured are properly determined and accurately specified.
- Maintain relationships with leading local and international vendors.
- Maintain records of purchases, usage and inventory levels and advise on materials re-order levels. Coordinate reporting and monitoring of procurement plans including processes and procedures for compliance and system improvement.
- Manage the vendor database to ensure the best possible “go to Market” vendor for acquisition of secure competitive cost of materials and services. Analyze market and delivery systems for assessing present and future availability of materials and services.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery and transport costs Source transport & logistics providers, and negotiate rates
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies are procedures for products in transit
- Resolve problems concerning transportation , logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues
- Ensures that fuel consumed is fully accounted for by all fuel card holders before more fuel money is credited in each fuel card
- Monitors all the company motorized assets using GPS tracking system and generates monthly report on their movements
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics & Procurement Management, Business Administration (BBA) or related field.
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage.
- Certificate recognized by the professional materials management governing body and certificate in Supply Chain Management or equivalent will be added advantage
- Three years of cognate experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management preferably in factory selling, FMCG most desired
- Thorough knowledge of PPDA Rules and Regulations.
- High level of individual initiative, planning and good judgment Demonstrated ability to make judgment and decision with respect to procurement within delegated authority
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensible information. Personal integrity and excellent communication skills Concentration, accuracy to details are required.
- Good computer skills
How To Apply for Soroti Fruits Limited Jobs 2021
All qualified persons should submit their applications, copies of academic qualifications and a detailed CV with covering letter to the Human and Administration Manager via Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 8th October, 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.