Job Title: District OVC Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Arua, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The officer will lead the day-to-day direct programme implementation of field OVC activities in liaison with the district, facility and community structures. He/she will ensure that mobilization of vulnerable persons and communities for social protection, HIV prevention, and care services is done in line with MGLSD and PEPFAR guidelines within supported communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessment of beneficiary households to identify specific OVC needs for program support
- Support functionality of OVC coordination structures at district and sub-district levels
- Lead capacity building initiatives among OVC service providers at various levels
- Support curricula-based initiatives aimed at empowering OVC with life skills and knowledge to prevent HIV and attain decent livelihood.
- Build systems to ensure effective referral and linkages for OVCs to community support structures
- Deliver economic strengthening initiatives to the critically vulnerable OVC households
- Ensure high quality reporting of OVC activities through set national information management systems and funder databases.
- Promote access and utilization of child protection services among vulnerable children, youths and their household members.
- Ensure access to quality legal and protective services among victims of child abuse and survivors of Gender Based Violence
- Strengthen provision of high quality health care packages for OVCs and their households to avert the effects of HIV and AIDS.
- Support OVC case management and beneficiary assessments to track progress towards graduation
- Document and report family and child success stories based on program intervention.
- Carry out monthly data collection, analysis and reporting on OVC activities in the supported district.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the coordinator
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, social sciences or any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ recent experience implementing USG-funded OVC programs.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Teamwork and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 26th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.