Job Title: Business Systems Operations Administrator – KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: KCB Bank Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda Profile:
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers
Reporting to the Banking Systems Operations Manager, the Banking Systems Operations Administrator is responsible for maintaining a safe stable environment on which the core banking application(T24) runs, the position is responsible for ensuring all integrating technologies are secure and up to standard with the trend. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Performing Close of Business (COB) processes in a timely manner daily to guarantee integrity of the Business Reports.
- Ensure uptime of Core Banking and web servers for availability 24 x 7 x 356 and timely resolution and documentation of faults in the Core Banking environment.
- Confirm and ensure completion of Extraction and distribution of POST COB reports into the designated system.
- Ensure smooth transmission of transaction files through file transfer tools to various destinations.
- Owning all core Banking calls assigned in the ITSM & ECRM system to carry out problem investigation and analysis, follow-up with the respective teams/users and update the status with issue resolution and follow-up for closure.
- Analysis and resolution of Core Banking related issues which have been escalated from bank support team/ users during operations and maintain proper documentation/logs for resolution provided. Core Banking issue logging, documentation and reporting.
- Monitor the Core Banking (system performance on I/O waits, system and database locks, TOKEN (T24 user licenses) usage and system speeds
- Support other teams like the Core Banking Development and Quality assurance teams on operational requests like running of batch jobs, data extraction, running of COB etc in a test environment.
- Troubleshoot, analyse code bugs and generate root cause analysis.
- Co-ordinate with support teams and product vendor in case of product bug/enhancement requirement and follow up with the vendor for early resolution and solution.
- Ensures that Core Banking system and other Banking applications are in compliance with established IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- The applicant for the KCB Bank job should hold a Bachelor of Science/Computer Science/Information Technology
- T24 Coding and development
- Certification in database management
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, AS400 and UNIX
- Core Banking Systems management especially T24.
- Linux system administration.
- IT Service Management.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management Systems is a must.
- Technical experience supporting Core banking system in medium to large organizations and advanced hands on Core Banking Systems skills. Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Oracle, postgresssql and/or Microsoft SQL).
- Application development skills.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and other scripting languages like Perl, Python, PHP etc.
- OCP, MCDBA, and Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX certification preferably HP-UX and LINUX will be desirable.
How To Apply for KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 29th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.