Job Title: Accountant – Jireh Associates Jobs 2021
Organization: Jireh Associates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jireh Associates Profile:
Jireh Associates is a consultancy firm offering various services such as accounting and financial reporting, internal audit, tax and strategic planning amongst others
The Accountant will be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounting and finance function. She/ he assists in the administration of the financial functions using a variety of computer software and systems to perform duties.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Posting and updating financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounts IQ system, according to instructions with speed and accuracy.
- Adhere to procedures set out in financial policy and apply the necessary controls in place to minimize any risks that may occur.
- Ensuring that statutory obligations are timely filed including PAYE, NSSF, withholding tax, income tax and Local Service Tax.
- Reconcile control accounts by accurately capturing the assets and liabilities in the ledgers and quickly and accurately resolve all differences and maintain a fixed asset register
- Assist in the planning, production and review of monthly and year-end financial statements including the Income statement, Balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of financial resources in line with the set financial systems and guidelines
- Liaise with internal and Statutory Auditors, supervision and control of the day-to-day functioning of the Accounts Department.
- Enrich systems of financial monitoring and control to better align policies, practices and procedures with international accounting standards
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation, and tax planning advice
- Liaising with URA and banking providers
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of Commerce, Business Administration (Accounting).
- At least CPA Level 1
- Two years of working experience
- Working Knowledge of ERP Systems such as Tally and QuickBooks
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to prepare year-end accounts as well as tax returns
How To Apply for Jireh Associates Jobs 2021
All Interested candidates are invited to apply through our email: email@example.com
NB: Please indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.