Job Title: Associate Programme Management Officer – UN-Habitat Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-163716-R-Kampala (E)
Reports to: Programme Officer
United Nations Human Settlements Programme Profile
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
Global Land Tool Network programme supports the national land policy implementation and implementation of appropriate land tools and approaches in both urban and rural context for land tenure security. The post is also expected to provide technical and coordination support to the Section’s Participatory Slum Upgrading Programme (PSUP) interventions in Uganda and to provide the necessary technical support to improve UN-Habitat’s capacity in building strategic partnerships and in strengthening programme development in Uganda.
This position is located in the Land, Housing and Shelter Section (LHSS), Urban Practices Branch (UPB). The Associate Programme Management Officer shall be under the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer, within the overall guidance of the Chief, Land, Housing and Shelter Section (LHSS).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide substantive and technical support in the implementation and coordination of activities related to the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Phase 3 Programme and other related UN-Habitat and the Global Land Tool Network projects and interventions.
- Provide technical and coordination support in the development of pro-poor, gender-responsive and fit-for-purpose land tools and approaches to key stakeholders and partners including government authorities, academic institutions and civil society organizations.
- Assist in building and/or strengthening partnerships and collaboration in the country towards improving tenure security of the urban and rural poor particularly women, youth and vulnerable groups, including liaising with UN Country Team and relevant government agencies on behalf of UN-Habitat as may be assigned.
- Prepare, promote and disseminate knowledge management products, normative products, policy briefs, communication materials and other information materials on pro-poor, gender-responsive and fit-for-purpose land and shelter policies, tools and approaches.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written reports and outputs including drafting of background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, project documentation, presentations and other information materials.
- Provide technical reports, project assessments and substantive analyses related to the delivery of projects’ objectives including on policy reforms, tools implementation, settlement improvement, awareness building, communications and capacity development.
- Contribute to the design , implementation and document capacity development initiatives related to land governance and settlement issues and on the potential measures to address them.
- Provide substantive contribution and technical inputs to the overall planning, reporting, technical missions and evaluation activities.
- Provide technical and coordination support in the over-all resource mobilization efforts in the country by developing concept notes, project documents, country engagement strategies and proposals and assisting related missions on potential land governance interventions, housing and shelter improvements in Uganda.
- Provide technical support and written contributions in the development and/or implementation of appropriate UN-Habitat and GLTN land and housing policies, tools and approaches at international level and priority countries and/or projects.
- Perform any other related tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) Associate Programme Management Officer job placement should hold an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Land Management, Land Tenure, Surveying/Geomatics, Land Economy and related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management and coordination in development is required.
- Experience in addressing land governance issues is required.
- At least two (2) years of field research experience in the broad field of housing and urban development, including slums, informal settlements is required.
- Work experience with pro-poor land tools and approaches is desirable.
- Work experience in partnership building and working with multi-stakeholders is desirable.
- Experience in land related research is desirable
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of land administration and land tenure issues in Uganda and the potential innovative and appropriate land tools, solutions and strategies to address them. Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery in delivering on UN-Habitat mandate; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing development inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in progress and meets deadline for delivery of products or services to a client.
How To Apply for UN-Habitat Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.