Job Title: Data Analyst – VSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Duty Station: The entire assignment may be done remotely
Salary: UGX 7,000,000
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Profile:
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Youth Employment Enhancement Project
For the past three years, VSO Uganda has implemented a project entitled Youth Employment Enhancement project in Gulu City under the overall practice area of resilient livelihoods. Targeting a total of over 400 youth and young people, the main aim of the project was to create employment opportunities for the intended primary actors. Specifically, the project trained the youth on technical vocational skills working in collaboration with outreach training centers, trained the youth on business and entrepreneurial skills, supported them through employment linkages including business coaching and mentorship.
In the month of August 2021, VSO Uganda based on their M&E system (MILE) initiated a participatory action research, collecting both quantitative data and qualitative data in the form of focus group discussion and key informant interview notes. From this material (data), VSO seeks to engage a consultant to analyze the data and produce a report that will be shared with its stakeholders, donors and the wider VSO community for learning.
The Data Analyst will analyze data and produce a report from qualitative and quantitative data collected by a team of primary actors in a participatory action research.
Roles and responsibilities:
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following activities:
- Reviewing of relevant documents including: the project’s concept note, project progress reports,
- Working with the VSO MEL Manager, researchers and other relevant staff to review tools
- Conducting a full quantitative and qualitative analysis including synthesis and information generated from other literature review.
- Producing a detailed final report of no more than 10 pages in total including an executive summary and annexes.
Methodology: The consultant is expected to utilize any relevant software for quantitative data analysis and thematic and content analysis matrix for qualitative data
Time frame for the Assignment
The analysis and report writing are planned to commence on the date that quantitative data set and qualitative interview notes are handed over to the consultant and concluded within a period 10 working days.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and data analysis
- Previous demonstrated experience in analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize primary and secondary data from various sources
Payment: Full payment for consultancy fee will be contingent upon receipt and acceptance of the final analysis report.
How To Apply for VSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Applicants must submit the following documentation by Friday 24th September 2021 at 5:00 pm East African Time. No late submissions will be accepted:
- A letter of interest to undertake the assignment clearly stating suitability for the role (1 page)
- A description of the proposed methodology (1 page)
- A clear work plan for the assignment (1 page)
- Budget justification showing a clear costing of planned activities
- A brief profile of the consultant detailing academic qualifications, a list of similar assignments completed and 2 referees who can attest to the suitability of the candidate for this undertaking (2 pages)
Please email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.