Job Title: Human Resource Officer – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
The Makerere University School of Public Health Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (MakSPH-METS) Program is a five-year (2020-2025) CDC-funded Cooperative Agreement. The MakSPH-METS program emerged out of the growing recognition of the importance of evidence-based decision making for an AIDS Free Generation in Uganda. The overall purpose of the Program is to establish coordinated and effective national and district systems for the management of strategic information for a robust HIV response.
The Human Resource Officer shall provide timely, accurate advice, information and support to METS management and staff on a range of Human Resources (HR) management related policies, procedures, systems and issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the administration of the recruitment and selection processes, working in conjunction with the Manager Finance and Administration to assist in all facets of the recruitment and selection process.
- Plan and implement the administration and maintenance of the performance review process.
- Develop the annual staff budget and implement the approved budget in line with HR policy and METS strategic plan.
- Create, maintain, and update a staff record filing system in line with the Information Management System and Human Resource policies
- Coordinate training of staff in line with METS staff development policy.
- Coordinate job analysis and evaluation findings and recommend changes in line with the work procedures, methods and systems in accordance with the HR policies
- Initiate staff discipline and grievance handling mechanisms and procedures in line with the Makerere University HR Manual and the Employment Act.
- Undertake such other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
- The applicant must hold a Masters in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (HR Option) from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership with HR professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive relevant work experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of labour laws and human resource practices.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit the following application documents and a motivation letter clearly highlighting the position being applied for and address this to;
Makerere University School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences,
P.O. Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
- Motivational Letter
- Resume with contacts of 3 professional referees
- Copies of all relevant academic documents
- iii) Soft copies of the applications should be submitted as one PDF file to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject head of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.