Job Title: Assets and Stock Management Officer – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda with frequent field travels
Reports to: Head of Finance & Operations
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
The primary responsibility of the Assets and Stock Management Officer will support the implementation of FCA’s programmes by managing the program inventory stock and assets. S/he will be responsible for implementing warehouse, stocks and assets processes and related compliance in accordance with FCA’s guidelines to improving quality and accountability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enforcement of FCA and donor inventory guidelines in all steps and processes of inventory management
- Coordinate with programme and logistics teams for the preparation and availability of stocks in support to projects
- Take lead in the effective tracking of all assets and stocks, including the establishment of a centralized asset and stock tracking system and warehouse management system, according to FCA’s inventory management guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that every asset is logged, issued with unique asset ID, assigned to user and tracked in line with inventory management guidelines
- Manage the implementation of a reliable and accurate stock management process including documentation, reporting and control system. Ensure it is properly maintained and periodically verified for auditing purposes.
- Keep the warehouses clean and well organised, respecting FCA’s inventory management guidelines
- Coordinate with programmes and procurement to ensure sufficient & required stock levels are maintained for projects
- Keep stock and asset registers updated
- Prepare monthly stock reports
- Organise annual inventory counts
- Perform other duties, within the inventory management, as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
- The ideal candidate must hold a university degree in Procurement and Stores Management, with a major in Records and asset management
- Knowledge of Finance as well as audit requirement for assets will be an added advantage
- Three years of experience working on projects related to Logistics at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
- Experience in warehouse, stock, asset management
- Knowledge of various Donor (UN, ECHO, US Government) Assets / inventory management rules and regulations
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential
- The incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, intermediate Excel level required.
- Intermediate Microsoft word and PowerPoint, Outlook desirable.
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact, addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Roche Close – Off Tank Hill Road, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to; Ugaco.firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.
NOTE: FCA does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Deadline: Sunday 3rd October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.