Job Title: Administrator – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
The Makerere University School of Public Health Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (MakSPH-METS) Program is a five-year (2020-2025) CDC-funded Cooperative Agreement. The MakSPH-METS program emerged out of the growing recognition of the importance of evidence-based decision making for an AIDS Free Generation in Uganda. The overall purpose of the Program is to establish coordinated and effective national and district systems for the management of strategic information for a robust HIV response.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the team to plan and track administration work for the ALAMINE project
- Organize project events and training, liaise with delegates, venues and trainers as required
- Preparation of course materials including creating, photocopying and collating delegate packs, name badges and certificates
- Perform clerical duties including typing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing
- Provide logistical support for workshops and project/field activities
- Assist project leads in the development of logistics plans for trainings and workshops
- Assist respective project leads in drafting and distributing letters; and seek confirmation of participation for events organized by ALAMIME
- Coordinating and scheduling conferences, meetings, and travel arrangements for staff traveling within and outside of Uganda
- Manage local travel logistics for in-coming ALAMIME project visitors
- Determines needs and coordinate the procurement of office supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services.
- Maintains confidentiality of documents and information received
- Coordinate transportation and maintain monthly transport log
- Ensure timely settlement of vendor payments (internet, transport, office rent etc.)
- Update and maintain monthly petty cash register
- Monitor monthly project expenditure and compile a quarterly budget request
- Support finance department with invoicing and expense tracking
- Coordinate with accounts for the submission of complete and accurate financial reports
- Engage fully as a member of the MakSPH staff team, including participation in staff meetings
- Provide administrative support to other team members as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor
- Degree in Secretarial Studies, Social Science, and any other related field.
- At least 1 years’ experience in administrative work
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Good verbal and written French language skills is an added advantage.
- Experience serving as an administrator of multi partner projects is an added advantage.
- Financial management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels including the ability to communicate in an effective manner with a wide range of stakeholders
Reports to the Team Lead of the African Leadership And Management Training for Impact in Malaria Eradication (ALAMIME) Project.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
Interested persons should email their applications with current CV, along with an application letter, copies of educational transcripts and any other certificates AS ONE PDF FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications should be addressed to: The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health.
Please provide a reliable day time phone contact.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing is not allowed.
|Program Manager & Administrator ALAMIME.pdf||136.68 KB|
Deadline: 1st October 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.