Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer – TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: TechnoServe Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Travel: Remote rural locations
Reports to: HortiMAP Project Finance & Operations Manager
TechnoServe Uganda Profile
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Through the four-year HortiMAP program funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Technoserve and partners BID Network and Impact Capital Africa will transform the horticulture industry in Uganda. The program combines catalytic funding through a Market Development Facility and Technical Assistance fund to leverage private sector and local resources and expertise to strengthen SMEs and local supply chains, while delivering world-class entrepreneurship training to farmers and retailers to realize their potential. These interventions are expected to increase incomes for more than 31,000 horticulture farmers, create 11,000 jobs, and improve access to healthy, safe food for 250,000 Ugandan consumers.
This position is part of the Horticultural Market Development Facility / Administrative team which delivers high quality technical assistance and co-investment opportunities to identified MDF clients.
The MDF Grants and Compliance Officer will work closely with the MDF Lead and Partnership Managers. S/he will provide Guidance to partner organizations, ensuring compliance with TNS and EKN policies, as well as funding and reporting requirements from inception to contract closure in accordance with the MDF grant agreements and other appropriate protocols.
Roles and Responsibilities for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Review work-plans and budget from client to ensure compliance with the MDF planning, monitoring and evaluation guidelines;
- Ensure contractual reporting and implementation by clients;
- Receive and assess financial reports from partners ensuring compliance with the MDF manual requirement on proper reporting of expenditures, invoicing, procurement and asset management;
- Follow up on issues raised by partnership managers and co-funders and ensure resolution;
- Track processes in relation to disbursement receipts, financial reports, completed assessment tools and audited financial statements to Data basics;
- Participate in risk assessment and induction of new clients on financial management;
- Prepare grant financial reports in relation to the allocated TA;
- Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Statistics;
- At least three years’ field and technical experience in Compliance and Grants Management in the Private Sector perspective; OR Master’s degree & 1-year experience
- Strong private sector experience and entrepreneurial skills;
- Experience in the financial markets and products;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint);
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships.
How To Apply for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.