IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices.
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems at the field office.
- Provide training to program staff on IRC finance matters.
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Monthly compilation of WHT and submit to Kampala with supporting Documents by 3rd of the following month.
- Liaison with the bank on all banking issues and carrying out monthly bank reconciliation.
- Complete end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal to no errors.
- Consolidate monthly cash projections in a timely manner for Finance Manager to review.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of program advances and charges related to staff personal accounts (D7) and advise the supervisor on course taken to settle outstanding balances.
- Creation of Payment Invoice Journals and Payment Journals in the Organizations Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertake at the field office.
- Participate and provide technical support in grant opening and closing meetings
- Review monthly Budget vs Actual (BvAs) and prepare any adjustments required for Finance manager to review.
- Provide insight of projected Budget vs Actual report based on field office generated information and provide the same to the Field Coordinator ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Working with Finance Manager to assist program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments also ensuring adequate coverage of field operating cost.
- Attend Grant Opening, BvA review and Closing Meetings when nominated to do so and prepare monthly BvA minutes for review by finance Manager.
- Assist Finance Manager to ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated
- Support the Finance Assistant in processing of bank, Mobile Money and cash transactions.
- Prepare weekly cash count and ensure that documentary evidence is duly signed by yourself and Field Coordinator.
- Preparation of cash forecasts for submission to Country Office for release of funds every 25th.
- Monitoring cash usage and requirements and inform the Finance Manager or Field Coordinator of possible unusual activity or requirements.
- Working with field and program coordinators to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts.
- Support the process of preparation of the cash and bank accounting worksheet.
- Mentoring and supervising the work of Finance Assistant.
- Assisting Finance Assistant with coming up with activity plan (Daily, weekly, Monthly, Quarterly)
- Carrying out performance appraisal of Finance Assistant.
- Providing weekly activity report to Finance Manager.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Finance Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce Accounting or Finance, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting or full qualification in a recognized Accounting professional body.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO.
- One year of hands-on experience working with computerized accounting package, preferably an Enterprise Resources Planning and EXCEL
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Supervisory and organizational skills; ability to work with computers
- Highly effective communication, problem solving and decision making. The ability to work under pressure
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.