Job Title: Legal Officer – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Legal Officer
Salary Scale: K6
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation or KMC is a State Enterprise in Uganda established to champion the Development of the Domestic Automotive Value Chain for job and wealth creation.
This Legal Officer is responsible for providing legal advice to Management and Staff of Kiira Motors Corporation on a full range of legal and operational issues with the view of fostering a culture of Ethics and Compliance across all levels within the Company while building relationships with external legal advisors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and tender documents;
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken;
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management;
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff;
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures;
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements;
- Formulate legal compliance check-lists for all the countries to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly;
- Contribute to standard-setting, through participating in meetings, drafting work and promoting international standards;
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly;
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the attention of management;
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities;
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff;
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with Company policy;
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal Legal Officer.
- (Honors) in Law from a Recognized Institution.
- General Working Experience of at Least Three (3) Years and should have served as a Legal Officer in a Reputable Organization for at least two (2) Years preferably in the Automotive/Manufacturing Industry
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for any of the available jobs, you must send your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline . No applications will be accepted after midnight on 11th October 2021 (as recorded by the mail server). Clearly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of your email. Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- A duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Please use this CV template and fill all the fields as guided).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted. Qualifications obtained outside Uganda should be notarized.
Deadline: 11th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.