Job Title: Market Category Specialist, Manufacturing Services & Utilities (Africa) – Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
The Market Category Specialist, Manufacturing Services & Utilities (Africa) will deliver Procurement outcomes for Diageo within one or more categories of spend, through effective business partnering and collaboration across Procurement CoEs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Applying strategic procurement excellence, through creation of or support in creation of category strategies built on Diageo’s best methods, standards and tools, to deliver procurement value.
- Leading or supporting Sourcing activities for specific categories of spend procured in Market.
- Supporting end-to-end execution of category strategies, working with global and other market category professionals in line with strategy.
- Developing subject-matter expertise for specific spend categories, supporting collection and leverage of supply market expertise and clear direction to Analysts for development and application of supply market data and information to strategy development and sourcing.
- Work dynamically across categories in flexible resource pools where they are already established & pro-actively look for opportunities where flexible resourcing could be set-up. This is a resourcing approach intended to smooth out peaks & troughs of demand and drive accelerated career development.
- The Market Category Specialist is accountable for active participation in a global community of procurement professionals in one or more spend categories, including joining regular meetings, supporting alignment around strategy, supporting development of own and others’ capabilities & expertise and sharing of best practices.
- The applicant must be a graduate or equivalent qualification and member of professional body, e.g., CIPS
- At least two to three years’ experience in Procurement, Finance, FMCG Commercial or other relevant role, with subject-matter expertise in supply markets and spend categories relevant to the role
- Demonstrated performance in projects and in cross-market teams, experience developing and executing category and procurement strategies, managing and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong analytical and financial awareness including a strong understanding of AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers relevant to the categories in scope
- Track record of generating insights to influence decision-making; good commercial acumen
- Good systems knowledge (esp. SAP, PRDM, M/S Office, E-collaborate or similar systems & tools)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation; strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery
How To Apply for Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.