Job Title: Nutrition & WASH Advisor – University Research Co Jobs 2021
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Job Location: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Sr. Technical Advisor Nutrition & WASH Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Profile:
The Technical Advisor-Nutrition and Water/Sanitation shall be responsible for supporting the implementation strategies and activities that will lead to improving access to and quality of Nutrition and Water/Sanitation services in Acholi region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all activities for improving access and quality of Nutrition and Water/Sanitation services in all 8 districts in Acholi region in consultation with District Teams.
- Participate in development and writing of program work plans and reports
- Provide support to multi-sectoral nutrition programming through establishing and/or strengthening capacity of District Nutrition Coordination Committees
- Establish a program for community-based rehabilitation of malnourished children and promotion of Essential Nutrition Actions (ENAs) targeting the first 1,000 days of life. This involves initiating pilot sites, evaluating the results, and then scaling up the program to other communities.
- Carry out regular activities to assess and build competency of DHTs and District Technical Coordinators supporting in the selected districts/ health facilities.
- Build capacity of VHTs and community groups to improve public nutrition and utilization of clean water and sanitation.
- Support implementation of the Nutrition Strategy and Strategy for improved water and sanitation in Acholi region within project budget and capacity.
- Lead coordination at the district level in Nutrition and Water/Sanitation for the project in consultation with the supervisor.
- Ensure timely submission of quality and accurate reports quarterly, biweekly and at all other requested times.
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team ensure that data collected is accurate, valid and captures process and outcome indicators.
- In collaboration with knowledge management staff, participate in the process of documenting best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine biweekly updates, quarterly and annual reports for the work done.
- Develop, support and maintain a pool of district and regional coaches who will support the health facility improvement teams to improve the quality of care and services provided in the above-named technical areas.
- Integrating appropriate gender strategies and ensuring appropriate youth engagement.
- Participate in national, district and community level nutrition meetings with other nutrition stakeholders as requested.
- Integration of Nutrition into on-going project activities including Capacity building, Clinical care, PMTCT, Community linkages, Quality Improvement, psychosocial care/counselling and pharmaceutical logistics, M&E.
- Support health facilities supported by RHITES-N Acholi to integrate and implement effective and sustainable NACS (Nutrition Assessment, Counselling and Support) services.
- Explore opportunities for partnership with other stakeholders in HIV-nutrition integration. Oversee and support the integration process of NACS into HIV/AIDS programs in all RHITES N Acholi sites
- Support the sites towards attainment of a Baby Friendly Status in collaboration with the PMTCT/Paed Technical Advisor, MoH and partners
- Work with health facility teams to apply quality improvement methods including learning sessions for improved nutrition outcomes
- Work with health facility teams to develop and submit QI indicators inclusion into and use in the QI trainings/learning sessions and site coaching
- Plan and conduct quarterly site mentorship/supervision towards improved nutrition integration and reporting
- Represent RHITES-N Acholi in meetings/seminars/conferences when called upon
- Collaborate with other IPs in adapting/adopting materials, equipment and supplies including RUTF, and referral and enrollment of clients into available sustainable/livelihood programs
- Coordinate service provider skills strengthening support in the areas of nutritional assessment, counseling support as well as infant and young child feeding.
- Take up any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition, Food Science and technology, Public Health or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting integration of Nutrition and Water/Sanitation services, Community Nutrition and/or HIV nutrition programming.
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor projects is an added advantage
- Demonstrable excellent writing, organizational, coordination and communication skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability of improving quality of Nutrition and Water/Sanitation services at large scale.
- A good working knowledge of the most recent relevant guidelines.
- At least 2 years of experience working with districts, health facilities, communities and CSOs to improve access to and quality of Nutrition and Water/Sanitation services.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts for 50% of the time.
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders such as government, NGOs, and private-sector partners.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and program performance data.
- Experience of working with USAID funded projects
- Experience working in Northern Uganda
How To Apply for University Research Co Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application through the link below.
Deadline: 8th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.