Job Title: 3 Senior Research Associates – BRAC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: BRAC Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
BRAC Uganda Profile:
BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. BRAC Uganda NGO operates in:1) Agriculture, Food Security & Livelihood; 2) Health Program;3) Ultra Poor Graduation/Disability Inclusion; 4) Education & youth Empowerment- (Inclusive of scholarship programs);5) Emergence preparedness Response; and 6) Gender Equality and Women development. We are operating in 114 districts in Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design research (both qualitative and quantitative), write project proposals, development research protocols, and secure Institutional review board (IRB) formalities.
- Conduct data processing, data analysis & data presentation independently.
- Write quality research reports for donor reporting, external communication & peer-reviewed publications
- Lead implementation of research projects with & without analytic supports from Pls
- Make publication and policy briefs for external audience and advocacy
- Manage multiple research projects with due action plans and budget tracking
- Monitor the progress of the study to ensure protocol compliance with and adherence to the project plan.
- Identify, evaluate and rectify problems including working with the internal and external team members to ensure efficient research management.
- Lead and facilitate grant and finance management of the projects
- Presentation of the research at appropriate local, regional, national and international meetings & conferences
- Work hand in hand with data manager to ensure quality data & maintain secured database & the consent forms
- Train, mentor, and manage field supervisors and enumerators with supportive supervision and contributing with best practices for IERC research protocols.
- Coordinate with donor, research and programme partners in planning, budgeting, implementing, data analysis and reporting of study results
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or any other related subject.
- Bachelor degree can be considered only when at least 3 years of relevant experience is demonstrated.
- Certificate in research methodology – study designs, data analysis is added advantage.
- Successful candidate should also have interest in mixed methods of research.
- Experienced and skilled in data analysis and interpretation of data, very good knowledge on at least one of the packages – STATA, SPSS, R, NVivo or Atlas.Ti.
- Knowledge of digital data management like ODK/SurveyCTO, recorders, is added advantage.
- Capacity to manage the technical, logistical aspects of several research projects, and ability to write research proposals and reports.
How To Apply for BRAC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates should send their Application, CV and academic documents as one document addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to email@example.com. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting. Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn’t charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand.
Closing Date: 10th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.