Job Title: Radio Planning & Design Engineer – MTN Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Radio Planning & Optimisation
MTN Uganda Profile:
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
As the mobile phone penetration in Uganda grows and with more people working remotely now than ever before, the telecommunications industry has never been more critical. Customers demand faster speeds, better speech quality and coverage everywhere they go. The radio planning department drives the cost-effective implementation of GSM/WCDMA/LTE/5G/WIFI/WIMAX radio access technology and is responsible for the last mile delivery of all products and resources to the wireless cellular phone user. The Design Engineer role is to apply the highest level of attention to detail to generate the most optimal RAN plan that will translate into outstanding network performance and quality.
Roles and responsibilities of MTN Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Consolidate coverage requirements for 2G/3G/LTE/WIMAX/WIFI/5G from Marketing, Sale & Distribution, Customer Service, Radio Planning and other stakeholders for inclusion in the annual budget cycle.
- Vendor management & Change management for TowerCo; OEM Vendors & Implementation subcontractors
- Drive reduction in OPEX or efficiency as applicable
- Work with Optimisation Teams to carry out regular voice and data traffic analysis to avail upgrades equipment and proactively carry out capacity dimension to ensure capacity is always efficient.
- Identify indoor coverage requirements and design pertinent solutions.
- Work with Regional P&O team leaders to efficiently and cost effectively plan coverage, quality, and capacity sites for 2G/3G/LTE/WIMAX/WIFI/5G
- Prepare overall quality plan to ensure planning processes include quality assurance checks and adhere to all internal processes such as new site commissioning checklists, site access procedures.
- Crosscheck all equipment requisitions to ensure accuracy in equipment and configurations requested.
- Proactively collect network data from drive tests and other sources for input into the planning process
- Oversee site handover process between from MTN to Managed services provider.
- Identify suitable site share opportunities and present to management for further action.
- Continuously carry out research in new technological developments that can help MTN achieve its business objectives cost effectively and within quality.
- Ensure that the planning tool is consistently updated to reflect the configurations on the live network
- Documentation for all projects and customers
- Avail solutions for special events both planned and adhoc
Qualifications for MTN Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the MTN-Uganda Radio Planning & Design Engineer job should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in any of these fields; Electrical / Telecommunications Engineering
- Project management approach such as Prince II or PMBOK an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in radio planning and optimisation which must include:
- Experience across diverse OEM vendors such as ZTE, HUAWEI, ERICSSON
- Experience working with subcontractors to deliver on assigned works.
- Experience working with radio planning tools such as ASSET, MAPINFO, Google earth.
- Strong understanding of different radio network configurations for 2G, 3G, WIFI, WIMAX, LTE
- Project Management
- Extensive knowledge of OPENRAN an added advantage
- Knowledge of advanced 5G planning would be an added advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in EXCEL
- Analytics & Business Intelligence skills
- Flexibility and Agility in problem solving and working hours.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Communication/reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Map reading and basic surveying skills
- Drive test skills
How To Apply for MTN Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.