Job Title: Fraud Analyst – ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ABSA Bank Limited
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
ABSA Bank Limited Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
The Fraud Analyst will proactively manage fraud risk within Absa Uganda Retail & Commercial Banking by implementing & embedding the Fraud Risk Control Framework and policies, managing fraud losses within the budgets / appetite, ensuring fraud reporting standards are complied with; development of fraud risk capability in fraud management & investigations and pro-actively incept/lead fraud reduction, training & prevention initiatives across the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Fraud teams in the identification, measurement, control, and management of Fraud Risk
- Operate a Programme of Fraud reduction thereby facilitating the development and implementation of appropriate fraud prevention initiatives including the identification and redressing of control deficiencies and testing of controls on an ad –hoc basis.
- Develop relationships with Law Enforcement and Government agencies to obtain intelligence, insight, early warning contacts to assist in loss mitigation during fraud investigations.
- Develop training and fraud awareness courses, workshops, brochures and other material to alert employees as to compliance with the Bank’s policy on fraud prevention.
- Support the development/enhancement of reporting of Fraud through development of Fraud Risk Profiles, Key Risk Indicators, ‘Hot Spots’, Key Initiatives, Compliance monitoring, etc.
- Work with Business to drive down actual and potential fraud losses. The Fraud Analyst must work closely with manager from other functions to manage fraud, for example:
- Business or product managers who evaluate the financial impact of product features, terms and conditions that may increase fraud vulnerability.
- Compliance officers who may be responsible for establishing and monitoring financial/process controls.
- Absa investigative services (AIS) managers.
- Business information security office managers responsible for information security.
- Credit risk managers, to help reduce application fraud committed by legitimate customers who commit fraud with no intention to pay.
- Operations managers responsible for implementing policies, processes and standards.
- Internal audits, who may be responsible for process sampling to determine adherence to policies and procedures.
- Any other areas that provide fraud fighting capabilities (e.g. credit underwriting, authorization, and branch network).
- The Fraud Analyst must coordinate the efforts of all functions that contribute to fraud management to ensure the following:
- Results are accurately reported.
- Timely, revisions / modifications in strategies, processes, fraud management controls, and tools are made in response to change in fraud patterns.
- Represent the bank in fraud forums.
- Close monitoring of fraud customers to identify any new fraud trend.
- Preparing unit reports.
- Analyze the procedures and control.
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank Fraud Analyst job should hold relevant qualifications
- Higher Diplomas: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
How To Apply for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.