Job Title: Medical Radiographers – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Health manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC works in 12 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kotido, Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit, Kaabong, Amudat, Kiryandongo, Adjumani, Yumbe, and Kampala.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
To carry out radiographic imaging for diagnosis treatment and management of patients. This job should be carried out with utmost transparency, professionalism and duty of care
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work plans and budgets prepared.
- Patients prepared for investigation and treatment.
- Radio-graphic imaging carried out.
- Patients protected against radiation.
- Patients in need of specialized imaging referred.
- Radio-graphic operational equipment maintained.
- Materials and sundries requisitioned and accounted for; and
- Reports prepared and submitted.
- Preparing and submitting work plans and budgets for radiographic activities in the hospital.
- Preparing patients for radiographic investigation and treatment.
- Carrying out radiographic imaging and submit reports to Clinician
- Providing protection to patients against radiation and radioactive materials.
- Identifying and recommending referral of patients in need of specialized imaging.
- Maintaining radiographic operational equipment.
- Requisitioning and accounting for radiographic materials and sundries allocated; and Preparing and submitting performance reports to relevant authorities.
- Must have a Diploma in Medical Radiography from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least three years working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities.
- Experience in Information management.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating.
- Guidance and counseling.
- Records and Information management.
- Information Technology.
- Concern for quality and standards.
- Ethics and integrity; and Time Management. The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.