Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – Windle International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Windle International Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Head of Science Department
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organize the laboratory, its equipment and supplies under the guidance of the supervisor.
- Guide students and educate them on the importance of following laboratory safety rules while enforcing compliance of standard laboratory regulations.
- Prepare samples/specimen for practical lessons.
- Maintain Inventory of Laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Keep general cleanliness of laboratory and its equipment at all times
- Keep record of laboratory apparatus and equipment
- Ensure all chemicals are in working condition and properly stored, mindful of expiry dates.
- Conduct Home learning supervision as required
- Uphold children’s rights and ensure safeguarding standards are kept with learners and
- Come up with time schedule for teachers, to carry out practical’s classes
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Department Head or respective science teacher.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Laboratory Sciences.
- Ordinary level of study (O’ level), with at least 3 passes in the science subjects.
- Able to work in an environment with exposure to chemicals.
- Physically able to lift up to 18kgs and operate equipment.
- Applicants should be highly motivated individuals willing to work in a refugee settlement.
- 1 year or more experience in the field will be an added advantage.
- Recommendation from LCI chairperson detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC
How To Apply for Windle International Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applicants should submit their hand-written applications including detailed and up-to-date typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation and three professional referees.
Recommendation letter from LCI chairperson detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) or from former employer or LC authority or RWC is a must.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Lamwo Field Office
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda Palabek Refugee Settlement in Lamwo District during working hours (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday strictly).
Closing Date: 14th October 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.