Job Title: Climate Change Innovation Cohort Training (for Women and Youth) – Imagine Her Jobs 2021
Organization: Imagine Her
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Imagine Her Profile:
Imagine Her is a non-profit working to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with robust innovation skillset and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda. We do this by providing tools and collaborating with communities as key advocates to prepare pathways for their socio-economic independence.
About Climate Change Innovation Cohort:
Are you an environmental enthusiast aged 16-35 concerned about the climate challenges of our time? Here is an opportunity for you, Imagine Her is looking to train a cohort of 40 scholars (young women and youths) through a period of three months to develop locally and contextually appropriate social ventures providing goods and services prioritizing or significantly contributing to the mitigation and/or adaptation to climate change.
Join our Climate Change Innovation Cohort now
Apply & get trained to build your innovative climate change idea into a tangible solution that fits one or more of these focus areas;
- Renewable Energy: How might we increase the use of renewable energy to reduce greenhouse emissions especially in developing countries like Uganda?
- Sustainable Transport: How might we enable access to, and utilisation of fast, efficient, safe and healthy transport modes toan ever increasing population to limit emissions in the transport sector?
- Waste Management: How might we reduce, reuse and/or recycle waste to reduce greenhouse emissions to save our planet?
- Agriculture, Forestry and land use (AFLU) – Restoration of Carbon Sinks: How might we restore and/or conserve earth’s natural cleaning systems (Oceans, forests and soils) to keep pace with increasing greenhouse gas emissions and reduce global warming?
- Reduced Consumption of Livestock Production: How might we reduce the production and consumption of Livestock and animal products?
- Resilient Crop Production: How might we reduce crop losses caused by climate change and extreme weather?
Who can Apply?
- Women and Youth aged 18 to 35 years. (25 females and 15 males).
- Minimum of O’ Level Certificate
- Residents of Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono and Entebbe Districts
- Willing and able to commute to and fro the training Venue (Katale, Seguku)
- Young environmental and climate enthusiasts interested in climate entrepreneurship and tackling issues associated with climate change.
Benefits of the Training:
- Hands-on social entrepreneurship training using Design Thinking methodology.
- Access to climate change specialists.
- Interest-Free Startup Loan of up to $1500.
- Intense mentoring from a pool of international and local mentors.
- Networking Opportunities with business people.
- Access to Financial Literacy and further credit facilities by our partner Financial Institution.
- Acquire soft skills like Public speaking and Adaptive Leadership.
- Free access to expert advice on key business topics.
- Learn new skills to develop and grow your business.
- Business Support Services
Training Mode & Fees:
- Mode of study: Blended – Online & In-person
- Duration: 3 months (based on 6 hours per week)
- Registration Fee: UGX 100,000.
How To Apply for Imagine Her Jobs 2021
The Application Process:
- Submit your Application: To apply, submit your application via the following link before the close of business on 17th October 2021. The link; Click Here
- Review: We will review your application and get back to you in a week’s time after the deadline.
- Interview: We will conduct phone or in-person interviews for the successful applicants.
- Onboarding: Training will commence in November on a date communicated to you.
Deadline: 17th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.