Job Title: Technical Officer – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: FHI 360 Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Duration: 120 Working Days
FHI 360 Uganda Profile:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries.
The USAID’s Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (USAID MCHN) Activity is a five-year program designed and funded by USAID/Uganda to improve maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition outcomes in Uganda through strengthening leadership and governance, the rollout of national strategies and programs, and coordination and cooperation across stakeholders
Provides basic technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Drafts the technical portions of proposals and project design, based on the design and direction set by technical leadership. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific or technical material in area of expertise. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports. Provides administrative support on core project operations (e.g., update manuals, assist with proposals, and budget tracking).
Technical Officers (Level I – III) provide a range of technical and administrative services at increasing levels of complexity to support project implementation and proposal development. Individuals within these positions are expected to demonstrate an increasing level of proficiency within the specific relevant technical area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for projects.
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Provides quality control and quality assurance support.
- Conducts searches of published literature, mobile software sites, blogs, on evolving issues.
- Contribute to development and sharing of lessons, knowledge, innovations, and best practices.
- Provides support to work planning and workplan preparation and finalization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Design Implementation:
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Participates in client / funder meetings.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals for technical, administrative, and other service needs.
Operations Management (Finance, HR, etc.):
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Provides administrative and logistic support to technical research, training, events, meetings, and other activities.
- Supports preparation of quarterly and annual reports, and other documents.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Gathers information, data and statistics needed to provide evidence to reports, presentations, papers, and other documentation produced.
- Assists with technical troubleshooting, guide data analysis and application of data.
- Participates in data review and support data for decision making.
- Ensures the documentation and reporting of appropriate services rendered to clients is done in the relevant service registers.
- Assists with compiling technical content (e.g., reports, presentations, manuscripts).
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Development of scope of work and deliverables for partners, consultants, etc.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Basic working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with providing technical support for technical research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Ability to solve problems and implement corrective action as needed.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- There are 31 FHI 360 development competencies, of greatest focus for this particular job will be:
- Project Management (Planning and Time Management) – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks (sets objectives/goals/measures). Breaks down work into steps, schedules, task/people assignments. Marshals people, time, and resources efficiently. Arranges information in a useful manner and orchestrates multiple activities at once.
- People Management (Making Others Great) – Facilitate professional development of staff by providing challenging, learning assignments and opportunities. Shares and solicits feedback monthly at the very least. Helps establish compelling development plans. Assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks/decisions. Monitors process, progress, and results. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Creating and Managing Systems and Processes – Recognizes the need for standardization and balances client and organization need in systems design. Anticipates the effects of process change on people while optimizing task efficiency and simplicity.
- Employees are expected to possess or have high potential for the development of these three fundamental competencies.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds rapport with internal and external staff.
- Decision may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments or projects.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
Qualifications for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or Related Field.
- Typically requires 2+ years of relevant experience managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 – 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- 10% – 25%
How To Apply for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.