Job Title: 2 Motorcycle Mechanics/Drivers – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Palorinya & Lamwo, Uganda
Reports Directly To: Logistics Officer
Indirectly To: Support Services Manager/Administration Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Uganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM, UNFPA, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
The Motorcycle mechanic will often work with motorcycle dealerships and repair shops. Using diagnostic equipment and tools, He/she will be responsible for repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems that power Honda, Yamaha & Bajaj motorcycles, etc. The mechanic will primarily work on mechanical, electrical malfunctions, and motorcycle body repairs in line with manufacturer specifications. HE/she will from time-to-time cover for the drivers when on leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform general repair and maintenance works on motorcycles.
- Adjust and fine tune motorcycle components including brakes pads, forks, wheel bearings, sensors, transmission box, and drive chains following the specifications of the motorcycle, replacing fluids, and lubricating parts.
- Carry out routine inspection of the motorcycle.
- Assemble and disassemble motorcycles coming in for spare parts replacement.
- Troubleshoot issues with knocking and shimmying and inspect motorbikes to figure out repair required.
- Work with staff and logistics department in order to diagnose and fix problems
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on motorcycles
- Provide Logistics department with information on repair and maintenance procedures.
- Timely submission of spare parts list with clear specifications required to be purchased to the Logistics Officer.
- Guide motorcycle users on general cleanliness of the motorbikes.
- Liaise with staff to determine their motorcycle requirements and communicate the defects or problems to the logistics officer.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions with the staff.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability and cost efficiency.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Hammer out dents and bends in frames, weld tears and breaks; then reassemble frames and reinstall engines.
- Reassemble and test subassembly units.
- Perform repairs to manufacturer specifications.
- Cover drivers on leave.
- Any other task assigned to you by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Thorough and able to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and stress.
- Persistence and determination.
- Driving ability on both Motorcycles and Vehicles, operation and control.
- Critical Thinking and Active listening.
- Relevant qualification in all types of motor cycle repair.
- Ability to drive 4 Wheel L/Cruiser.
- Valid Driving and Riding license.
- Three years’ experience in a busy motorcycle workshop.
- Education Requirement: O’ level Certificate, Certificate in Automotive Mechanic or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
Summary Description: Diagnose, Adjust, Repair or Overhaul of Motorcycle.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.