Job Title: Associate Procurement Officer – UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Profile:
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. The Cluster is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations. It is headed by the Cluster Director who has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the Peace and Security Cluster on behalf of its clients.
The mandate of the Procurement Division is to provide responsive, effective, and quality expert procurement services and business advice to United Nations (UN) Headquarters, field missions, and other UN organizations, while achieving best value for money, ensuring a competitive, fair and transparent process in accordance with established regulations, rules and procedures. The GPSS was established to provide effective and efficient procurement support to the client entities through, among others, development of joint regional acquisition planning and development of regional procurement strategy through the consolidation of requirements for regional systems contracts, establishing mission-specific contracts, leveraging the regional supplier base and procurement expertise and achieving economies of scale.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plans procurement actions for assigned projects, which typically involve the procurement of a select group of technically complex commodities or services, or for a variety of goods and services of a general nature.
- Reviews and analyzes technical specifications to ensure completeness, accuracy and competitive qualities, and identifies optional courses of action.
- Assists staff in matters regarding procurement policies and procedures, technical specifications, pricing and product/service availability, as well as appropriate substitutes or alternative options to reduce costs.
- Develops vendor pre-qualifying criteria, identifies product sources and evaluates vendor performance as regards quality, prices, delivery, equipment, etc.
- Solicits and evaluates bids/proposals/quotations to ensure overall competitiveness, quality, and conformity to specified requirements. cs7ty8L-u3Cqy
- Compiles and presents procurement data; prepares all relevant supporting documents and recommends approval of the contract or purchase order; may authorize purchases in line with delegated authority, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Coordinates timely delivery of goods and services.
- Participates in the market and supplier research.
- Prepares a variety of reports, correspondence, and documents (e.g. purchase orders, contracts and amendments) on procurement-related matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional certification in supply chain such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- Experience in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
- Experience in public sector procurement processes and procedures is desirable.
- Experience in the procurement process and procedures supporting the implementation of the programmes and operations of the United Nations field missions, the United Nations Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in sourcing, cleaning and preparing data, selection and developing visualization/metrics in transportation, procurement, and/or supply chain management that enable easy communication/interpretation by the users is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
- Candidates for the National Professional Officer category shall be of the nationality of the country where this position is located.
How To Apply for UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 9th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.