Job Title: 2 Project Officers – UHRN Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN)
Duty Station: Kampala and Lira, Uganda
Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) Profile:
Uganda Harm Reduction Network (UHRN) is a national entity that responds to the drug use crisis in Uganda. The network works to advocate for practical interventions aimed at supporting and addressing issues of people who use and inject drugs. The network also seeks to provide a national platform for health and policy programs that promote good practices and advocate for a supportive environment for the adoption, implementation, and expansion of harm reduction programs for People Who Use and Inject Drugs in Uganda.
Uganda Harm Reduction Network in a consortium with NAFOPHANU and CEHURD has received funding to implement a Three-year – Global Fund Grant (2021-2023) for Resilient Systems Strengthening for Health (RSSH) – Community Systems Strengthening funded by The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) through the Global Fund. In this regard, UHRN will work with public health facilities, district leadership and the communities in the 10 districts of Lango region in Uganda which will include Amuria, Bukedea, Kaberamaido, Kalaki, Kapelebyong, Katakwi, Kumi, Ngora, Serere, Soroti for quality Integrated HIV/AIDS and TB services to contribute to the attainment and accelerating epidemic control and support the HIV and TB Reduction Strategies.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop activity plans with evidence-based approaches to reach community with HIV prevention interventions and linkage to Care and Treatment.
- Collaborate with the District and health facility HIV/TB focal persons to coordinate the planning, implementation, and monitoring of HIV/TB services in the districts
- Mentor and provide technical assistance to community networks on the delivery of layered HIV/TB service packages.
- Prepare and share timely periodic performance progress reports on HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions.
- Support in compilation and submission of accurate and timely facility health management information system (HMIS) reports and programmatic reports in line with the project objectives.
- Ensure timely submission of activity reports and timesheets
- Support effective forecast, timely ordering, reporting, and accounting for the logistics/commodities required
- Participate in identification, implementation, and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities for HIV/TB programs
- Establish and strengthen effective collaborations and partnerships with the district leadership, healthcare providers and communities to ensure a coordinated and harmonized HIV response.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Project Planning and Management, Community Health or related discipline from a recognized Institution, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience in integrating health service delivery into community structures
- Two years’ experience of providing HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment with one year supporting KP/PP services in a USAID and/or other donor funded projects.
- Two years of professional experience working effectively with MOH, District and Community
- Health structures in HIV Prevention.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of HIV care and prevention programs
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent report writing, organizational, coordination and communication skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- Ability to engage professionally and respectively with partners, Health care providers and the Community
- Experience in technical proposal writing
- Timely reporting
How To Apply for UHRN Jobs 2021
All interested candidate can submit their application, resume, copy of degree certificate together with a cover letter on the emails; Subject: Position applied for to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org or can be hand delivered at UHRN head offices located at Makindye Kizungu, Kigumba Muguluma Lane.
Closing Date: 7th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.