Job Title: Community Services Assistant – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Community Services Officer, the Community Services Assistant will be responsible for empowering Persons with Special Needs to enhance Quality and healthy life for sustainability development. He / she will also be responsible for community involvement and ownership to enhance sustainability and empowerment of Refugees in the Settlement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Community Services officer contribute to achieving monthly targets for the sub sector
- Develop monthly plans for Community services programs
- Follow the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards.
- Carry out and support all outreach activities in the Refugees settlement such as mobilization, sensitization, counseling etc for Refugee to realize full potentials and build on self-mechanism.
- Responsible for effective and efficient follow up of individual cases of beneficiaries for support
- Conduct community leaders meetings including planning meetings, AGDM Verification and Needs assessment
- Active participation in the process of CRI distribution for POCs from Alight side- coordination, pre awareness raising and post monitoring, litigation desk etc. as per standards
- Support to PSN:
- Participate from Alight the process of PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
- Ensure PSN support is provided as per needs assessment and profiling
Strengthening of community structures:
- Responsible for providing support of community based structures in the settlement to Community services officer
- Responsible for managing the structures assigned by community services officer
- Participate and support community services officers in conducting needs assessment and providing, tracking and monitoring of support provided to 1. Community self-management structures 2. Community groups – as per agreed programs of UNHCR and BPRM
- Strengthening of community:
- Participate and co lead the quality trainings – with pre and post-tests, training reports and clearly documenting impact of trainings on persons trained
Community Complaint Mechanism
- Responsible for functionality of all Complaint Response mechanism are fully functional (suggestion boxes, FRRM, Protection desks, Community structures)
- Share information on monthly trends on complaints received with community services officer to gauge which methods is working well and or not and putting in corrective actions
- Ensure completion of targets/ activities assigned for Accountability to Affected Population Plan (e.g. FGDs etc) – how, what, when, where, who is developed – all data received should be documented as per each sub sector
- Share findings of /weekly flash reports on major protection incidents and risks. in the settlement with protection Manager.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Be in charge of organizing, mobilizing and facilitating international events days in the settlement such as Women days, World Refugees days, Youth days, 16 days of activism etc.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the supervisor.
- Conduct strategic development and empowerment village informational meetings with the RWC leader
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies
- Two years of working experience in Community Development services with an INGO
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong computer skills.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 15th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.