Job Title: Locum Research Study Nurse – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The research nurse will be responsible for recruitment of study participants and administering of all study related procedures to these participants. The research nurse will ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the protocol/SOPs of the study.
- Undertake daily review of patients to establish eligibility for inclusion in the study and make relevant recommendations.
- Participate in patient screening, enrolment, HIV testing, perform pregnancy testing as guided by the protocol.
- Obtain written informed consent and assent for those eligible and are willing to participate in the study.
- Administer all study procedures like sample collection, data collection and entry as guided by the protocol and in accordance to set standards of Good Clinical Practice.
- Refer TB positive patients diagnosed through the study on where to be managed, in accordance with the recommended MOH treatment guidelines
- Ensure that all data collected is accurate and complete in the RedCap Software.
- Perform first-level quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) to ensure all fields in the consent forms and case report forms (CRFs) are complete and accurate.
- Assist in generating study progress reports as needed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Study Coordinator or Principal Investigator, as deemed necessary for study activities.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Currently registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
- Up to date training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Previous experience with working in a research environment will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak Acholi will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.