Job Title: Accounts Assistant (Lego Play Matters) – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Job Location: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Area Accountant
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
Responsible for capturing financial data into the system. The position contributes to the organization’s goal by providing timely and reliable information, maintains accurate records of financial transactions through establishing accounts and posting transactions in the accounting system for the designated Programme Area.
Roles and Responsibilities of Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021:
1. Cash Disbursement
- Reconcile the receipt record with cash receipts and the bank deposit slip
- Prepare and enter Journal entries into SAP for cash receipts and inter-company charges
- Prepare cheques, mobile money and Business on line payments
- Stamp payment vouchers and all supporting documents as ’paid’ as per the Uganda operation Manual.
- Enter all transactions into SAP as per Plan International’s financial procedures
- Prepare fund transfer request for the Program Area when called upon
- Create new vendor bank account details on business online
2. Record Management
- Maintain payment Voucher files in numerical order.
- Keep proper custody of the embossing machine and paid stamps
- Prepare sampled audit vouchers for review and re-file
- Generate detailed transaction report (smart list) for program staff to support review of payments on their projects.
- Reconcile inter-company charges with finance at country office
- Prepare Mobile Money Reconciliation Statements
4. Dealing with Problems:
- Having to make payments for a PO and later finding that the code is not yet entered in SAP.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelors (Hons) degree in Business Administration or Commerce with a bias in accounting.
- At least ACCA or CPA level I
- A minimum of 2 years working experience as an Assistant Accountant in a busy organization.
- Computer literate with ability to work with spreadsheets
- Experience working with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of an accounting software package such as SAP, QuickBooks is desirable
- Interest in addressing children, family and community development issues
- High level of integrity and accuracy
- Committed to meeting deadlines
- Attention to details
- Team player
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.