Job Title: Focal Person (Blood Donor Recruitment) – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Reports to: Program Manager (Blood Donor Recruitment)
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence
The Blood Donor Recruitment Focal Person work as URCS liaison with UBTS at the regional Blood Bank responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of blood donor mobilization activities in the regional blood bank catchment/operational area. He/she will be responsible for the generation of BDR regional plans, implementation of plans and dissemination of quality information on blood donation with special focus on community blood donors. Critically observe and maintain URCS role in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health / Uganda Blood Transfusion Service
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work towards the achievement of overall goals of the Uganda Red Cross Society through effective managerial and lateral relations;
- To ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relations and accountabilities;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual Blood Donor Mobilization program work plan and budgets;
- Create awareness, information and education about Blood donor motivation and retention;
- Organize and publicize blood donation drives / camps in close cooperation with UBTS;
- Provide counseling services to blood donors in a timely and confidential manner in close collaboration with UBTS;
- Develop and strengthen a referral system for blood donors in collaboration with partner organizations;
- Work with Branch Managers, Community counselors and volunteers to strengthen community blood donor clubs and club 25 in the catchment area;
- To initiate, develop and implement new blood donor motivation and retention strategies for community blood donors;
- Develop resource mobilization initiatives to support BDR motivation and retention strategies;
- Ensure timely submission of regional data and activity reports and accountabilities on quarterly and annual basis;
- Any other relevant emerging tasks as agreed with the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in SWASA, Sociology, Counseling and Guidance, Community Psychology or a related field from a reputable institution.
- Professional qualification in Counseling and Guidance from a reputable institution is an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing Community Projects involving Mobilization, Social Marketing and Public relations for Health Interventions
- Knowledge of the local language(s) of the area where you are applying for is an added advantage
Core Competencies and knowledge
- High level of integrity
- A team player that is ready to drive the team to achieve targets
- Experience with research in community behavioural change initiatives
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to deal sensitively and discreetly with people and information to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to URCS values and principles.
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.