Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Reports to: Technically to the PMER Manager and Administratively to the Manager Epidemics and Pandemics Preparedness and Response
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence
The Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for supporting the Leave No One Behind (LNoB) project that will be implemented in Kyangwali settlement and Bidbidi settlement in Kikube and Yumbe districts respectively. The officer shall support implementation of the LNoB Knowledge Management activities, monitoring, generation and maintenance of project data for the overall project and strengthen Knowledge Networks within URCS and its partners to enable easy and efficient access to quality data and information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure routine update on the project performance to all stakeholders
- Build capacity of village COVID 19 Task Forces (VCTFs) to implement functions under the community engagement strategy (CES) for COVID-19
- Support volunteers to use digital capture tools not limited to KOBO collect and support update and management of the various URCS dashboards
- Ensure promotion of use of project data internally and externally to inform evidence-based decisions/interventions.
- Support the development of M&E plan for effective monitoring of URCS roles under LNoB project
- Support the development of LNoB project monitoring tools for output and outcome level indicators as per the project M&E plan.
- Conduct regular monitoring in the project area according to the monitoring plan in close collaboration with Manager Epidemics and Pandemics Preparedness and Response
- Develop the required data collection tools and train data collectors using various relevant tools such as VHT registers
- Collect data on CES indicators under the LNoB project and accordingly report on performance of such indicators
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative reports in accordance with URCS internal reporting schedules, partnership and donor requirements
- Work with volunteers, community members and local leaders within the project area to undertake community resources mapping and vulnerability assessments.
- Engage communities and district leaders to discuss feedback on performance of the different surveillance indicators in communities on a bi-annual basis
- Together with district officials, development partners, CBOs and Local leaders conduct an IPC assessment at health facilities within the project area and support health facilities to set up IPC committees.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Economics, Public Health, Health Information Science or a related field that has a bias in data management/analysis from a reputable institution;
- Postgraduate qualification in Statistics, Demographics, Economics, Public Health, Health Information Science or a related field that has a bias in data management/analysis from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Knowledge Management Officer and/or relevant experience in managing Community Projects involving Mobilization, Social Marketing and information or health data management Health.
- Relevant working experience with health emergency response
Core Competencies and knowledge
- High level of Integrity
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point, access etc.), proficiency in the set-up and use of Excel spreadsheets and programming of data collection software such as ODK and KOBO.
- Practical experience on ODK and mobile data collection tools, preferably including KOBO tool box.
- Good skills in basic mathematics is essential and ideally some exposure to the application of statistics, sampling and data management (for example, the post-holder will need to be able to add up totals, calculate percentages and ratios and understand basic statistical analysis)
- Skills and experience in collecting, analyzing and presenting data
- Discretion and understanding about the treatment and protection of sensitive information, particularly beneficiary data, and knowledge of how to apply data protection principles and tools.
- Ability to work self-motivated and independently and as member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to understand logical progression of a project cycle and a project log-frame
- Strong personal initiative and skills for self-organization
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.