Job Title: Project Officer WASH (Software) – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Location: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager WASH
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence
The Project Officer – WASH (Software) will be responsible for the management of all soft aware WASH components, programming, material, financial and human resources of the National Society within the project area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation and makes recommendations on WASH project activities particularly, Hygiene Promotion and Menstrual Hygiene Management campaigns in community and schools.
- Prepares project budgets & work plans and ensures proper accountability of project funds and other resources;
- Prepares and submits timely and quality activity reports;
- Prepares quarterly and annual project progress reports in accordance with URCS guidelines and project requirements;
- Mentoring, coaching and support supervision to project focal persons and project volunteers (project leaders and Hygiene Promoters);
- Develop project monitoring tools in liaison with the URCS M&E officer and ensure they are used to address the project key result areas and indicators therein;
- Ensure proper coordination with relevant stakeholders (sector partners, district and sub county authorities) in consultation with respective Branch Managers on WASH related activities and policies;
- Technically support community based trainings, sensitizations through PHAST and PHASE activities at different levels within the project areas for quality assurance;
- Sensitise and support community members on safe solid waste management systems within the project areas;
- Develop and disseminate appropriate hygiene promotion messages for positive behavior change among community members and schools in the project are;.
- Support health emergencies and disaster operations in the different intervention communities in implementation of software activities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or SWASA but with specialized training in hygiene promotion approaches i.e. Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST), Community led Total Sanitation (CLTS), Personal Hygiene and Sanitation Education (PHASE) for schools. from a reputable institution;
- Post Graduate Diploma or Certificates in Project Planning and Management from a reputable institution will be an added advantage;
- Minimum 3 year’s WASH experience in a Community Development setting;
- Familiar with updated Government policies and WASH implementation guidelines.
Core Competencies and knowledge
- High level of integrity
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of people, both internally and externally at very senior levels with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Sense of initiative and ability to be self-supporting
- Ability to analyse, synthesize complex material
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel and ability to run specific software (SPSS and EP info.);
- Very good knowledge of Emergency Response Protocols and sphere standards for service delivery;
- Knowledge and skills of sanitation marketing in peri-urban and informal settlements;
- High level of integrity.
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.