Job Title: Software Development Officer – UNEB Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Software Engineer
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Profile:
Uganda National Examinations Board is a national assessment body in Uganda, established in 1983 by an act of Parliament. The UNEB Secretariat is headed by the Executive Secretary, who is the Chief Executive head and the accounting officer of the board.
To manage the Application development process per the UNEB ICT Strategy, Business plans and adopted development methodologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Result Areas
- Defining, reviewing and validating technical requirements of key stakeholders requiring new software following the Rational Unified process guidelines
- Translating functional specifications into design specifications for use by programmers in collaboration with the Application re-engineering expert.
- Managing the Application development process and on a day to day guide programmer to ensure that uniform standards are enforced through, re-use of assets created and integration with existing applications.
- Providing full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Developing code for identified business functionality and reports in line with good programming practices and object oriented development techniques
- To instruct users on functions of designed computer programs or the off-shelf programs following guideline laid down in training manuals
Key Performance Indicators:
- Latest technology applied.
- Technical requirements of key stakeholders for new software defined, reviewed and validated.
- Functional specifications translated into design specifications for programmers.
- Uniform standards in the application development process.
- Code for identified business functionality developed.
- Training manuals available
Key Decision Making
- Architectural guidance.
- Design specifications.
- Code for identified business functionality
- Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Statistics, Physics/Mathematics, and Commerce.
- A postgraduate qualification in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent and a relevant Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Oracle Certified Developer (OCD), MCDBA, or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with development of business applications for a large organization.
- Operating systems such as Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Unix/Linux,
- Database platforms such as MS SQL server and Oracle RDBMS
- Microsoft Visio Studio.net environment
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Customer focus and sensitivity to high quality services,
- Ability to manage stress in a highly demanding environment;
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: Not more than 45 Years
How To Apply for UNEB Jobs 2021
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA
Deadline: 5th November 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.